Master the TypeScript language and its latest features. Explore modern application frameworks and utilize industry best practices in TDD, OOP and UI Design.
- Learn the key features of TypeScript 3 and explore advanced language features through in-depth discussions.
- Use TypeScript with modern frameworks including Backbone, Angular, Aurelia, React, and Node.
- Explore TDD practices, OOP techniques, and industry best practices to create high-quality, modular, and adaptable applications.
Starting with an introduction to the TypeScript language, before moving on to basic concepts, each section builds on previous knowledge in an incremental and easy-to-understand way. Advanced and powerful language features are all covered, including asynchronous programming techniques, decorators, and generics.
Best-of-breed applications utilize well-known design patterns in order to be scalable, maintainable, and testable. This book explores some of these object-oriented techniques and patterns, and shows real-world implementations.
By the end of the book, you will have built a comprehensive, end-to-end web application to show how TypeScript language features, design patterns, and industry best practices can be brought together in a real-world scenario.
What you will learn
- Gain insights into core and advanced TypeScript language features
- Create test suites for your application with Jasmine and Selenium
- Organize your application code using modules, AMD loaders, and SystemJS
- Explore advanced object-oriented design principles
- Compare the various MVC implementations in Aurelia, Angular, React, and more
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
- TypeScript - Tools and Framework Options
- Types, Variables, and Function Techniques
- Interfaces, Classes, and Inheritance
- Decorators, Generics, and Asynchronous Features
- Declaration Files and Compile Options
- Third-Party Libraries
- TypeScript Compatible Frameworks
- Test Driven Development
- Testing Typescript Compatible Frameworks
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Dependency Injection
- Building Applications
- Let's Get Our Hands Dirty