- Gain the skills to carry out penetration testing in complex and highly-secured environments
- Become a master using the Metasploit framework, develop exploits, and generate modules for a variety of real-world scenarios
- Get this completely updated edition with new useful methods and techniques to make your network robust and resilient
Metasploit is a popular penetration testing framework that has one of the largest exploit databases around. This book will show you exactly how to prepare yourself against the attacks you will face every day by simulating real-world possibilities.
We start by reminding you about the basic functionalities of Metasploit and its use in the most traditional ways. You’ll get to know about the basics of programming Metasploit modules as a refresher, and then dive into carrying out exploitation as well building and porting exploits of various kinds in Metasploit.
In the next section, you’ll develop the ability to perform testing on various services such as SCADA, databases, IoT, mobile, tablets, and many more services. After this training, we jump into real-world sophisticated scenarios where performing penetration tests are a challenge. With real-life case studies, we take you on a journey through client-side attacks using Metasploit and various scripts built on the Metasploit framework.
By the end of the book, you will be trained specifically on time-saving techniques using Metasploit.
What you will learn
- Develop advanced and sophisticated auxiliary modules
- Port exploits from PERL, Python, and many more programming languages
- Test services such as databases, SCADA, and many more
- Attack the client side with highly advanced techniques
- Test mobile and tablet devices with Metasploit
- Perform social engineering with Metasploit
- Perform attacks on web servers and systems with Armitage GUI
- Script attacks in Armitage using CORTANA scripting
About the Author
Nipun Jaswal is an IT security business executive & a passionate IT security Researcher with more than 7 years of professional experience and possesses knowledge in all aspects of IT security testing and implementation with expertise in managing cross-cultural teams and planning the execution of security needs beyond national boundaries.
He is an M.tech in Computer Sciences and a thought leader who has contributed in raising the bar of understanding on cyber security and ethical hacking among students of many colleges and universities in India. He is a voracious public speaker, delivers speech on Improving IT Security, Insider Threat, Social Engineering, Wireless forensics, and Exploit writing. He is the author of numerous IT security articles with popular security magazines like Eforensics, Hakin9, and Security Kaizen etc. Many popular companies like Apple, Microsoft, AT&T, Offensive Security, Rapid7, Blackberry, Nokia, Zynga.com and many others have thanked him for finding vulnerabilities in their system. He has also been acknowledged with the Award of excellence from National cyber defense and research center (NCDRC) for his tremendous contributions to the IT security industry.
In his current profile, he leads team super specialists in cyber security to protect various clients from Cyber Security threats and network intrusion by providing necessary solutions and services. Please feel free to contact him via mail at [email protected]
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Approaching a Penetration Test Using Metasploit
Chapter 2. Reinventing Metasploit
Chapter 3. The Exploit Formulation Process
Chapter 4. Porting Exploits
Chapter 5. Testing Services with Metasploit
Chapter 6. Virtual Test Grounds and Staging
Chapter 7. Client-side Exploitation
Chapter 8. Metasploit Extended
Chapter 9. Speeding up Penetration Testing
Chapter 10. Visualizing with Armitage
- Title: Mastering Metasploit, 2nd Edition
- Length: 440 pages
- Edition: 2nd Revised edition
- Language: English
- Publication Date: 2016-09-30
- ISBN-10: B01ITHITEO