About This Book
- Leverage the power of JBoss EAP 7 along with Java EE 7 to create professional enterprise grade applications.
- Get you applications cloud ready and make them highly scalable using this advanced guide.
- Become a pro Java Developer and move ahead of the crowd with this advanced practical guide.
Who This Book Is For
The ideal target audience for this book is Java System Administrators who already have some experience with JBoss EAP and who now want explore in depth creating Enterprise grade apps with the latest JBoss EAP version.
What You Will Learn
- Configure services using the Command Line Interface
- Deliver fault tolerant server configurations
- Harden the application server with advanced techniques
- Expand the application server's horizon with tools such as like Docker/OpenShift
- Create enterprise ready configurations using clustering techniques.
- Deliver advanced security solutions and learn how to troubleshoot common network/performance issues
The JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) has been one of the most popular tools for Java developers to create modular, cloud-ready, and modern applications. It has achieved a reputation for architectural excellence and technical savvy, making it a solid and efficient environment for delivering your applications.
The book will first introduce application server configuration and the management instruments that can be used to control the application server. Next, the focus will shift to enterprise solutions such as clustering, load balancing, and data caching; this will be the core of the book. We will also discuss services provided by the application server, such as database connectivity and logging. We focus on real-world example configurations and how to avoid common mistakes. Finally, we will implement the knowledge gained so far in terms of Docker containers and cloud availability using RedHat's OpenShift.
Style and approach
If you are a Java developer who wants to level-up to modern day Java web development with the latest Java EE 7 and JBoss EAP 7, this book is the ideal solution for you. It addresses (in a clear and simple way) proof-of-concept scenarios such as clustering and cloud and container configurations, and explains how to solve common issues.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Installation and Configuration
Chapter 2. The CLI Management Tool
Chapter 3. Managing EAP in Domain Mode
Chapter 4. Deploying Applications
Chapter 5. Load Balancing
Chapter 6. Clustering EAP 7
Chapter 7. Logging
Chapter 8. Configuring Database Connectivity
Chapter 9. Configuring EAP 7 for Java EE Applications
Chapter 10. Messaging Administration
Chapter 11. Securing the Application Server
Chapter 12. New Security Features of EAP 7
Chapter 13. Using EAP 7 with Docker
Chapter 14. Running EAP 7 on the Cloud Using OpenShift