Mastering iOS 11 Programming - Second Edition: Build professional-grade iOS applications with Swift 4 and Xcode 9
Transition to a Professional iOS developer with the most in-depth and advanced level guide on Swift 4 and Xcode 9
About This Book
- Filled with practical examples, this comprehensive guide explores all aspects of iOS Development.
- Learn powerful techniques and industry`s best practices to become pro iOS Developer.
- Unlock the full potential of iOS 11 programming with Swift 4 to build rich and powerful applications
- Gain detailed insights into core iOS Programming concepts such as Extensions, Performance, Animations, CoreData and lot more with examples
- Extend your iOS apps to new level with ARKit and CoreML
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who have some experience with iOS programming, but want to take their skills to next level by unlocking the full potential of latest version of iOS with Swift to build great applications.
What You Will Learn
- Build a professional iOS application from scratch
- Create adaptive, complex views with Auto-Layout
- Writing flexible and reusable code with Protocol Oriented programming
- Ensure code quality by using proper tests.
- Measure and improve performance with the Instruments app
- Integrate with iOS on a deep level with several App Extensions
- Implement AI, Machine Learning, Augmented Reality and more iOS 11 sweetness
With good pay for iOS developers, a mature development environment, and Apple users spending more money on the App store than Android users, becoming a professional iOS developer is a great move.
The journey to master iOS development and the new features of iOS 11 is not straightforward, but this book will help you make that transition.
Written for Swift 4 and following the latest Swift API design guidelines, you won’t just learn how to program for iOS 11, you’ll learn how to write great, readable, and maintainable Swift code that’s in line with the industry’s best-practices.
The progression of this book reflects the real-world development flow. In the book, you will build real-world applications. You will find a mix of thorough background information and practical examples, so you’ll know how to make use of a technique right away while you also get a great understanding of the how and why.
By the end, you will be able to build iOS applications that harness advanced techniques and make the best use of the latest and greatest features available in iOS 11.
Style and approach
This book takes a no-frill approach and is very code-specific. The focus is on teaching advanced concepts through a series of small projects and standalone examples that help you gain expertise with various aspects of iOS application development.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: UITableView Touch Up
Chapter 2: A Better Layout with UICollectionView
Chapter 3: Creating a Contact Details Page
Chapter 4: Immersing Your Users with Animation
Chapter 5: Improving Your Code with Value Types
Chapter 6: Making Your Code More Flexible with Protocols and Generics
Chapter 7: Refactoring the HelloContacts Application
Chapter 8: Adding Core Data to Your App
Chapter 9: Storing and Querying Data in Core Data
Chapter 10: Fetching and Displaying Data from the Network
Chapter 11: Being Proactive with Background Fetch
Chapter 12: Enriching Apps with the Camera, Motion, and Location
Chapter 13: Extending the World with ARKit
Chapter 14: Exchanging Data with Drag and Drop
Chapter 15: Making Smarter Apps with CoreML
Chapter 16: Increasing Your App's Discoverability with Spotlight and Universal Links
Chapter 17: Instant Information with a Notification Center Widget
Chapter 18: Implementing Rich Notifications
Chapter 19: Extending iMessage
Chapter 20: Integrating Your App with Siri
Chapter 21: Ensuring App Quality with Tests
Chapter 22: Discovering Bottlenecks with Instruments
Chapter 23: Offloading Tasks with Operations and GCD
Chapter 24: Wrapping Up the Development Cycle and Submitting to the App Store