Leverage ASP.Net Web API to build professional web services and create powerful applications.
About This Book
- Get a comprehensive analysis of the latest specification of ASP.NET Core and all the changes to the underlying platform that you need to know to make the most of the web API
- See an advanced coverage of ASP.NET Core Web API to create robust models for your data, create controllers, and handle routing and security
- This book is packed with key theoretical and practical concepts that can be instantly applied to build professional applications using API with Angular 4, Ionic, and React
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Acquire conceptual and hands-on knowledge of ASP.NET Core (MVC & Web API)
- Learn about HTTP methods, the structure of HTTP content, internet media types, and how servers respond to HTTP requests and their associated HTTP codes
- Explore middleware, filters, routing, and unit testing
- Optimize Web API implementations
- Develop a secure Web API interface
- Deploy Web API projects to various platforms
- Consume your web API in front end application based on Angular 4, Bootstrap, and Ionic
- Implement and explore the current trends in service architecture
Microsoft has unified their main web development platforms. This unification will help develop web applications using various pieces of the ASP.NET platform that can be deployed on both Windows and LINUX. With ASP.NET Core (Web API), it will become easier than ever to build secure HTTP services that can be used from any client.
Mastering ASP.NET Web API starts with the building blocks of the ASP.NET Core, then gradually moves on to implementing various HTTP routing strategies in the Web API. We then focus on the key components of building applications that employ the Web API, such as Kestrel, Middleware, Filters, Logging, Security, and Entity Framework.Readers will be introduced to take the TDD approach to write test cases along with the new Visual Studio 2017 live unit testing feature. They will also be introduced to integrate with the database using ORMs. Finally, we explore how the Web API can be consumed in a browser as well as by mobile applications by utilizing Angular 4, Ionic and ReactJS.
By the end of this book, you will be able to apply best practices to develop complex Web API, consume them in frontend applications and deploy these applications to a modern hosting infrastructure.
Style and approach
Using a hands-on approach, we cover both the conceptual as well as the technical aspects of the ASP.NET Core (Web API) framework.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction To Microservices And Service-Oriented Architecture
Chapter 2. Understanding Http And Rest
Chapter 3. Anatomy Of Asp.Net Core Web Api
Chapter 4. Controllers, Actions, And Models
Chapter 5. Implementing Routing
Chapter 6. Middleware And Filters
Chapter 7. Perform Unit And Integration Testing
Chapter 8. Web Api Security
Chapter 9. Integration With Database
Chapter 10. Error Handling, Tracing, And Logging
Chapter 11. Optimization And Performance
Chapter 12. Hosting And Deployment
Chapter 13. Modern Web Frontends