- Grasp the advanced concepts of MVC Core and start making professional-grade applications
- Migrate from previous versions of ASP.NET MVC to ASP.NET Core
- This book will take you on a journey through all the aspects of ASP.NET Core 2.0
ASP.NET is an open source web framework that builds modern web apps and services. This book is your one-stop guide to the new features of ASP.NET Core 2.0, including web APIs and MVC. We begin with a brief overview of the basics, taking you through the MVC pattern, platforms, dependencies, and frameworks. We then move on to setting up and configuring the MVC environment before talking about routing and advanced routing options. Next, we'll look at model binding, controllers and actions, filters, user authentication, and testing.
Moving on, you'll learn about all the aspects of syntax and processes when working with Razor. You'll be introduced to client-side development and will get to know about the security aspects of ASP.NET Core. We will also look at microservices with ASP.NET Core. Finally, you'll find out how to deploy ASP.NET Core to new environments such as Azure, AWS, and Docker. By the end of the book, you will be well versed with development in ASP.NET Core and will have a deep understanding of how to interact with the framework and work cross-platform.
What you will learn
- Get to know the new features of ASP.NET Core 2.0
- Find out how to configure ASP.NET Core
- Configure routes to access ASP.NET Core resources
- Create controllers and action methods and see how to maintain the state
- Create views to display contents
- Implement and validate forms and retrieve information from them
- Write reusable modules for ASP.NET Core
- Deploy ASP.NET Core to other environments
About the Author
He currently works for the London-based Simplifydigital as a technical evangelist, and was first awarded as an MVP in 2015.
Ricardo maintains a blog, Development With A Dot, where he regularly writes about technical issues.
He wrote Entity Framework Core Cookbook - Second Edition and was the technical reviewer for Learning NHibernate 4 by Packt.
Ricardo also contributed to Syncfusion's Succinctly collection of e-books with titles on NHibernate, Entity Framework Code First, Entity Framework Core, multitenant ASP.NET applications, and Microsoft Unity.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Getting started with ASP.NET Core
Chapter 2. Configuration
Chapter 3. Routing
Chapter 4. Controllers and Actions
Chapter 5. Views
Chapter 6. Using Forms and Models
Chapter 7. Security
Chapter 8. Reusable Components
Chapter 9. Filters
Chapter 10. Logging, Tracing, and Diagnostics
Chapter 11. Testing
Chapter 12. Client-side Development
Chapter 13. Improving the performance and scalability
Chapter 14. Real Time Communication
Chapter 15. Advanced Topics
Chapter 16. Application Deployment