- Solve common problems encountered while extending your Magento 2 store to fit your business needs
- Delve into the exciting and enhanced features of Magento 2 such as customizing security permissions, intelligent filtered search options, easy third-party integration, among others
- Learn to build and maintain a Magento 2 shop via a visual-based page editor and customize the look and feel using Magento 2's offerings on the go
With the challenges of growing an online business, Magento 2 is an open source e-commerce platform with innumerable functionalities that gives you the freedom to make on-the-fly decisions. It allows you to customize multiple levels of security permissions and enhance the look and feel of your website, and thus gives you a personalized experience in promoting your business.
What you will learn
- Install a Magento 2 shop with sample data
- Upgrade the data in a Magento 1 shop to a Magento 2 shop
- Manage the look and feel of the shop with custom themes
- Extend the shop with custom functionality such as forms, grids, and more
- Accelerate your store with some performance tools
- Build and structure your own shipping module
- Test your shop with automated tests and manage your product display
About the Author
Bart Delvaux is an experienced web developer with several years of experience in the PHP world. He has worked with the most important frameworks in PHP, such as Drupal and Zend Framework, but Magento is his specialization.
Bart has obtained all the Magento developer certifications: Front End Developer, Developer, as well as Developer Plus. He currently works for ISAAC Software Solutions, a company that specializes in software solutions such as web shops, apps, system integrations, and more.
Bart finished a large variety of Magento projects in his Magento career that started in 2010 with the principle "quality above quantity". Having gone from handling a basic shop to shipping modules and large, complex Magento stores, Magento holds no secrets from him.
Bart has also worked on Magento 1.8 Development Cookbook, Packt Publishing. Now that Magento 2 is out, it is time for the next one!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Upgrading from Magento 1
Chapter 2. Working with Products
Chapter 3. Theming
Chapter 4. Creating a Module
Chapter 5. Databases and Modules
Chapter 6. Magento Backend
Chapter 7. Event Handlers and Cronjobs
Chapter 8. Creating a Shipping Module
Chapter 9. Creating a Product Slider Widget
Chapter 10. Performance Optimization
Chapter 11. Debugging and Unit Testing