Over 50 practical recipes that will help you realize the full potential of Magento in order to build a professional online store
About This Book
- Take advantage of the latest features in Magento 2 to set up an e-commerce store that fits your business needs
- Packed with several advanced recipes, not just to manage your online store, but to extend and design it as well
- Written in a cookbook style, you can pick and choose your recipe to carry out your day- to- day Magento store tasks
Who This Book Is For
The book is for existing Magento users who want to gain further expertise and insights into managing, designing, and extending their online store in Magento to fit their business needs. Working knowledge of Magento and basic familiarity with programming is expected.
What You Will Learn
- Set up a Magento 2 project on Apache or Nginx.
- Transfer your Magento 1 database to Magento 2 using the Magento 2 system tools.
- Boost the performance of Magento 2 by enabling different types of caching.
- Build a Magento 2 multi-store by creating a root catalog, subdirectories, and products.
- Create and manage pages, blocks, and front-end apps.
- Manage your Magento store by setting up the correct TAX rules.
- Design custom themes within the Magento 2 framework.
- Create basic and advanced extensions using Magento 2.
Magento 2 is an open source e-commerce platform that has all the functionality to function from small to large online stores. It is preferred by developers and merchants due to its new architecture, which makes it possible to extend the functionalities with plugins, a lot of which are now created by the community.
This merchant and developer guide is packed with recipes that cover all aspects of Magento 2. The recipes start with simple how-to's then delve into more advanced topics as the book progresses.
We start with the basics of setting up a Magento 2 project on Apache or Nginx. Next, you will learn about basics including system tools and caching to get your Magento 2 system ready for the real work. We move on to simple tasks such as managing your store and catalog configuration. When you are familiar with this, we cover more complex features such as module and extension development. Then we will jump to the final part: advanced Magento 2 extensions.
By the end of this book, you'll be competent with all the development phases of Magento 2 and its most common elements.
Style and approach
Step by step guide for real world tasks for Magento users to gain a more advanced insight on managing, extending and designing their e-commerce store to fit their business needs.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Installing Magento 2 on Apache and NGINX
Chapter 2. Magento 2 System Tools
Chapter 3. Enabling Performance in Magento 2
Chapter 4. Creating Catalogs and Categories
Chapter 5. Managing Your Store
Chapter 6. Creating a Magento 2 Theme