macOS Support Essentials 10.12 - Apple Pro Training Series: Supporting and Troubleshooting macOS Sierra
Apple Pro Training Series: macOS Support Essentials 10.12
The Apple-Certified Way to Learn
This is the official curriculum of the macOS Support Essentials 10.12 course and preparation for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.12 certification–as well as a top-notch primer for anyone who needs to support, troubleshoot, or optimize macOS Sierra. The only Apple-certified book on the market, this guide is designed for support technicians, help desk specialists, and ardent Mac users and takes you deep inside the macOS Sierra operating system. You’ll find in-depth, step-by-step instruction on everything from installing and configuring macOS Sierra to managing networks and system administration–all on your way to preparing for the industry-standard ACSP certification.
- Covers updated system utilities and new features of macOS Sierra, including Siri and Optimized Storage.
- Features authoritative explanations of underlying technologies, troubleshooting, system administration, and much more.
- Focused lessons take you step by step through practical, real-world tasks.
- Lesson files and bonus material available for download–including lesson review questions to help prepare you for the Apple certification exam.
- Web Edition provides full text of the book available online as part of our Content Update Program with revised content for significant software updates.
Table of Contents
Part 1 Installation and Configuration
Lesson 1. Install macOS Sierra
Lesson 2. Set Up and Configure macOS
Lesson 3. Use macOS Recovery
Lesson 4. Update macOS
Part 2 User Accounts
Lesson 5. Manage User Accounts
Lesson 6. Manage User Home Folders
Lesson 7. Manage Security and Privacy
Lesson 8. Manage Password Changes
Part 3 File Systems and Storage
Lesson 9. Manage File Systems and Storage
Lesson 10. Manage FileVault
Lesson 11. Manage Permissions and Sharing
Lesson 12. Use Hidden Items, Shortcuts, and File Archives
Lesson 13. Manage System Resources
Lesson 14. Use Metadata, Spotlight, and Siri
Lesson 15. Manage Time Machine
Part 4 Applications and Processes
Lesson 16. Install Applications
Lesson 17. Manage Documents
Lesson 18. Manage and Troubleshoot Applications
Part 5 Network Configuration
Lesson 19. Manage Basic Network Settings
Lesson 20. Manage Advanced Network Settings
Lesson 21. Troubleshoot Network Issues
Part 6 Network Services
Lesson 22. Manage Network Services
Lesson 23. Manage Host Sharing and Personal Firewall
Part 7 System Management
Lesson 24. Troubleshoot Peripherals
Lesson 25. Manage Printers and Scanners
Lesson 26. Troubleshoot Startup and System Issues
Appendix A. Lesson Review Questions and Answers
Appendix B. Additional Resources