- Packed with an abundance of information regarding the Edge Animate application and related toolsets
- Robust motion and interactivity through web standards
- Those approaching Edge Animate from Adobe Flash Professional will find many references and tips for a smooth transition
- A comprehensive guide for creating engaging content with Adobe Edge Animate.
With the advent of HTML5 and CSS3, web designers can now create sophisticated animations without the need of additional plugins such as Flash. However, there hasn't been an easy way for creating animations with web standards until now. This book enables even those with little knowledge of HTML or programming web content to freely create a variety of rich compositions involving motion and interactivity.
Learning Adobe Edge Animate begins with providing a complete overview of the shifting web landscape and the Edge Animate application. We then move on through the variety of panels and toolsets available, and explore the many options we have when creating motion and interactivity using Edge Animate.
The book presents the reasoning behind engaging, standards-based web content and how Edge Animate fills the need for professional tooling in this area. In the book, we’ll examine content creation, the importing of external assets, how to achieve fluid animation and advanced transitioning through the Edge Animate timeline. The book also covers some cool topics such as interactivity through Actions and Triggers, and it examines workflow options across Adobe Creative Suite applications. Sprinkled throughout the book are tips and references for those coming to Edge Animate from a background in Flash Professional. Towards the end of the book, the reader will explore a variety of more advanced topics such as the Edge Animate Runtime APIs and how Edge Animate can interface with other Creative Suite applications for a full workflow.
What you will learn from this book
- Gain an understanding of the shifting Web landscape
- Effectively compare Adobe Edge Animate to Adobe Flash Professional motion tools
- Become familiar with all elements of the Edge Animate application interface
- Use the drawing tools in Edge Animate to create and manipulate elements on the Stage
- Import rich graphics for use in Adobe Edge Animate compositions
- Animate a range of elements with full transitioning through timeline keyframes
- Author a range of expressive compositions using nothing but web standards
- Become familiar with the Adobe Edge Animate Runtime APIs for deep manipulation of on-screen elements
- Apply other Adobe Creative Suite tools in your workflow to get the most out of Edge Animate