Modernize and upgrade your enterprise ERP environment by learning to work with the stable and essential components of Odoo 12 from scratch
- Learn the fundamentals of Odoo, a comprehensive enterprise management platform, without writing a single line of code
- Create business operation strategies and analytics by using Odoo
- Build customized ERP and CRM solutions for your business
Odoo is management software that contains a set of open source enterprise management applications that help you modernize your business.
Completely revised and updated, this comprehensive Odoo guide is a fourth edition of Working with Odoo. This book begins with an introduction to Odoo and helps you set up Odoo Online in your system. You'll learn how to start a new company database in Odoo and the basics of Odoo sales management. You will explore customer relationship management in Odoo and its importance in a modern business environment. Moving on, you'll learn how to install the purchasing application, set up suppliers, and begin purchasing and receiving products in Odoo. Next, you'll learn how to use the MRP module to create, process, and schedule the manufacturing and production order. Once you get to grips with the basic applications, you'll uncover how to customize Odoo to meet the specific needs of your business. You'll learn some advanced techniques for searching and finding information, and you'll be taken through business intelligence in Odoo. Towards the end of the book, you'll go in-depth into Odoo's architecture and learn to use Odoo's API to integrate with other applications.
By the end of the book, you'll be ready to use Odoo to build enterprise applications and set up the functional requirements for your business.
What you will learn
- Configure and customize a customer relationship management system
- Set up purchasing and receiving system functionality in your Odoo environment
- Understand manufacturing operations and processes with real-world examples
- Explore Odoo's financial accounting and reporting features
- Use Odoo's featured project management application to sort tasks
- Get to grips with the basics of Odoo administration and manage multi-company operations
Who this book is for
This book is for any IT professionals, business managers, and operation managers who are looking to gain a functional understanding of Odoo or trying to implement Odoo in their organization to improve their business processes. No prior experience of Odoo is required.
Table of Contents
- Setting up Odoo 12
- Installing Your First Application
- Exploring Customer Relationship Management in Odoo 12
- Purchasing with Odoo
- Making Goods with Manufacturing Resource Planning
- Configuring accounting and finance options
- Administering an Odoo Installation
- Implementation the Human Resources Application
- Understanding Project Management
- Creating Advanced Searches and Dashboards
- Building a Website with Odoo
- Implementing e-commerce with odoo
- Customizing odoo for your business
- Modifying Documents and Reports
- Discovering Custom Odoo Modules
- Comparative Analysis of Community vs Enterprise Edition