Explore Golang's data structures and algorithms to design, implement, and analyze code in the professional setting
- Learn the basics of data structures and algorithms and implement them efficiently
- Use data structures such as arrays, stacks, trees, lists and graphs in real-world scenarios
- Compare the complexity of different algorithms and data structures for improved code performance
Golang is one of the fastest growing programming languages in the software industry. Its speed, simplicity, and reliability make it the perfect choice for building robust applications. This brings the need to have a solid foundation in data structures and algorithms with Go so as to build scalable applications. Complete with hands-on tutorials, this book will guide you in using the best data structures and algorithms for problem solving.
The book begins with an introduction to Go data structures and algorithms. You'll learn how to store data using linked lists, arrays, stacks, and queues. Moving ahead, you'll discover how to implement sorting and searching algorithms, followed by binary search trees. This book will also help you improve the performance of your applications by stringing data types and implementing hash structures in algorithm design. Finally, you'll be able to apply traditional data structures to solve real-world problems.
By the end of the book, you'll have become adept at implementing classic data structures and algorithms in Go, propelling you to become a confident Go programmer.
What you will learn
- Improve application performance using the most suitable data structure and algorithm
- Explore the wide range of classic algorithms such as recursion and hashing algorithms
- Work with algorithms such as garbage collection for efficient memory management
- Analyze the cost and benefit trade-off to identify algorithms and data structures for problem solving
- Explore techniques for writing pseudocode algorithm and ace whiteboard coding in interviews
- Discover the pitfalls in selecting data structures and algorithms by predicting their speed and efficiency
Who this book is for
This book is for developers who want to understand how to select the best data structures and algorithms that will help solve coding problems. Basic Go programming experience will be an added advantage.
Table of Contents
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Getting Started with Go for Data Structures & Algorithms
- Linear Data Structures
- Non Linear Data Structures
- Homogeneous Data Structures
- Heterogeneous Data Structures
- Dynamic Data Structures
- Classic Algorithms
- Network and Sparse Matrix Representation
- Memory Management
- Next Steps (Appendix)