Each new purchase of an Exploration Companion guide comes with an exclusive coupon code that can be used to save 65% on these two additional study resources:
1. CCENT/CCNA ICND1 640-822 Official Cert Guide, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test (www.ciscopress.com/title/0132903822)
2. LAN Switching and Wireless Companion Guide eBook (www.ciscopress.com/title/0132877481)
LAN Switching and Wireless, CCNA Exploration Companion Guide is the official supplemental textbook for the LAN Switching and Wireless course in the Cisco Networking Academy CCNA® Exploration curriculum version 4. This course provides a comprehensive approach to learning the technologies and protocols needed to design and implement a converged switched network. The Companion Guide, written and edited by a Networking Academy instructor, is designed as a portable desk reference to use anytime, anywhere. The book’s features reinforce the material in the course to help you focus on important concepts and organize your study time for exams.
New and improved features help you study and succeed in this course:
- Chapter objectives: Review core concepts by answering the questions listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- Key terms: Refer to the updated lists of networking vocabulary introduced and turn to the highlighted terms in context in each chapter.
- Glossary: Consult the all-new comprehensive glossary with more than 190 terms.
- Check Your Understanding questions and answer key: Evaluate your readiness with the updated end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions you see on the online course quizzes. The answer key explains each answer.
- Challenge questions and activities: Strive to ace more challenging review questions and activities designed to prepare you for the complex styles of questions you might see on the CCNA exam. The answer key explains each answer.
How To: Look for this icon to study the steps that you need to learn to perform certain tasks.
Packet Tracer Activities: Explore networking concepts in activities interspersed throughout some chapters using Packet Tracer v4.1 developed by Cisco. The files for these activities are on the accompanying CD-ROM.
Also available for the LAN Switching and Wireless course:
LAN Switching and Wireless, CCNA Exploration Labs and Study Guide
The CD-ROM provides many useful tools and information to support your education:
- Packet Tracer Activity exercise files
- A Guide to Using a Networker’s Journal booklet
- Taking Notes: A .txt file of the chapter objectives
- More IT Career Information
- Tips on Lifelong Learning in Networking
This book is part of the Cisco Networking Academy Series from Cisco Press®. Books in this series support and complement the Cisco Networking online curriculum.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 LAN Design
Chapter 2 Basic Switch Concepts and Configuration
Chapter 3 VLANs
Chapter 4 VTP
Chapter 5 STP
Chapter 6 Inter-VLAN Routing
Chapter 7 Basic Wireless Concepts and Configuration
Appendix: Check Your Understanding and Challenge Questions Answer Key