Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The text that has defined histology for generations―concise, clear, beautifully illustrated, and better than ever
A Doody’s Core Title for 2019!
For more than four decades, Junqueira’s Basic Histology has built a global reputation as the most accessible, yet comprehensive overview of human tissue structure and function available. This trusted classic delivers a well-organized and concise presentation of cell biology and histology that integrates the material with that of biochemistry, immunology, endocrinology, and physiology, and provides an excellent foundation for subsequent studies in pathology. Junqueira’s is written specifically for students of medicine and other health-related professions, as well as for advanced undergraduate courses in tissue biology – and there is nothing else like it.
- Electron and light micrographs comprise a definitive atlas of cell, tissue, and organ structures
- NEW! Each chapter now includes a set of multiple-choice self-test questions that allow you to assess your comprehension of important material, with some questions utilizing clinical vignettes or cases to provide real-world relevance
- Summary of Key Points and Summary Tables highlight what is important and present it in a way that makes it memorable
- Streamlined page design ―including concise, high-yield paragraphs; bullets; and bolded key terms
- Acclaimed art and other figures facilitate learning and visualization of key aspects of cell biology and histology
- A cohesive organization examines how to study the structures of cells and tissues; the cell cytoplasm and nucleus; and the four basic tissue types and their role in the organ systems
- Clinical Correlations presented with each topic
- All-inclusive coverage encompasses all tissues, every organ system, organs, bone and cartilage, blood, skin, and more
- Valuable appendix on light microscopy stains clearly explains this need-to-know staining technique