This book takes java from its foundational building concepts up to java 8 for anybody willing to learn java. You will understand object oriented programming concepts in good depts to easily comprehend the theory of open systems development and design patterns in software development.
"The author, an xml master, who is also a certified software developer would in this book gently introduce you to some new additions made to java7 that are pertinent to java programmers that led to java 8, this is in addition to treating java programming from the beginning.".
The book explains and applies the following concepts to real life situations in simplified and easily understandable ways:
- Object oriented programming and java 8 lambda expressions
- Identifier naming rules
- Java Development Tool kit (JDK) download and installation, access modifiers and wrapper classes
- Writing and reading xml documents with java
- Using default interface methods of java 8
- Using the ForEach loop of java 8 to process Collections
- Using the stream filter of java 8 to filter a collection in effect rendering easier and cleaner java codes
- Regular expression processing with java
- Java applets, ArrayList , iterator interface , exception handling String class methods
- and lots more...
This book is meant for you, whether you are a total novice, a student, a software developer, a database administrator, an engineer, a system analyst or a freelancer interested in learning java from the beginning with the latest web development concepts. Yes, you can download this book now, look inside, and easily create those robust java codes you've always wanted.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction to Java Programming
Chapter 2 Java Data types and Operators
Chapter 3 Java Classes, Objects and Access Modifiers
Chapter 4 Object Oriented Programming and Default Interface Methods
Chapter 5 Program Control Loops and ForEach Loop
Chapter 6 Program Decision Statements
Chapter 7 Array and ArrayList and Parallel Sorting
Chapter 8 Strings and Regular Expressions
Chapter 9 Exception Handling
Chapter 10 XML Processing
Chapter 11 Java Applets