Make Delightful Animations with Swift! There’s no denying it: creating animations is one of the most enjoyable parts of iOS development. Animations are fun to create, they breathe life into your user interface, and they make your app a delight to use. In this book, you’ll learn about iOS animation in Swift from beginning to advanced through a series of hands-on tutorials and challenges, that make your app look and feel great.
Up to date with iOS 9, Xcode 7, and Swift 2.
Who This Book Is For:This book is for intermediate to advanced developers, who already know the basics of iOS and Swift development and want to dive deep into animations.
Topics Covered in iOS Animations by Tutorials:
- View Animations: Start with the basics by learning how to animate views: size, position, color, and more.
- Springs: Make your animations bounce with realistic spring behavior.
- Transitions: Add subtle transitoins when you add or remove subviews.
- Keyframe Animations: Learn how to make complex animations with precise multi-stage timing.
- Animation and Auto Layout: Learn how to animate with Auto Layout by animating constraints.
- Layer Animations: Dive deeper and use layer animation for more advanced techniques.
- Shapes and Masks: Learn how to use shapes and layer masks for cool effects.
- Gradient Animations: Make moving gradients like the “slide to unlock” screen.
- Stroke and Path Animations: Animate lines moving over time along a path.
- 3D Animations: Rotate, translate, and scale your layers over time in three dimensions.
- And much more, including: Particle emitters, frame animations, and third-party animation libraries!
The iOS Tutorial Team takes pride in making sure each tutorial we write holds to the highest standards of quality. We want our tutorials to be well written, easy to follow, and fun. And we don’t want to just skim the surface of a subject – we want to really dig into it, so you can truly understand how it works and apply the knowledge directly in your own apps.
Table of Contents
Section I: View Animations
Chapter 1: Getting Started with View Animations
Chapter 2: Springs
Chapter 3: Transitions
Chapter 4: View Animations in Practice
Chapter 5: Keyframe Animations
Section II: Auto Layout
Chapter 6: Introduction to Auto Layout
Chapter 7: Animating Constraints
Section III: Layer Animations
Chapter 8: Getting Started with Layer Animations
Chapter 9: Animation Keys and Delegates
Chapter 10: Groups and Advanced Timing
Chapter 11: Layer Springs
Chapter 12: Keyframe Animations and Struct Properties
Chapter 13: Shapes and Masks
Chapter 14: Gradient Animations
Chapter 15: Stroke and Path Animations
Chapter 16: Replicating Animations
Section IV: 3D Animations
Chapter 17: Simple 3D Animations
Chapter 18: Intermediate 3D Animations
Section V: Further Types of Animations
Chapter 19: Particle Emitters
Chapter 20: Frame Animations with UIImageView
Section VI: View Controller Transitions
Chapter 21: Custom Presentation Controller & Device Orientation Animations
Chapter 22: UINavigationController Custom Transition Animations
Chapter 23: Interactive UINavigationController Transitions
Section VII: Third-Party Animation Libraries
Chapter 24: Easy Animation
Chapter 25: Getting Started with Pop
Chapter 26: Decay Animations with Pop
Chapter 27: Spring Animations with Pop