iOS 9 introduces a ton of great new APIs and technologies that all iOS developers should learn -- from Stack Views to App Search to App Thinning and more. In fact, there's so much new stuff that learning it all via the official API docs can be time consuming and difficult -- especially while you're trying to update your apps at the same time.
This is where iOS 9 by Tutorials comes to the rescue! In this book, you will learn the new iOS 9 APIs the quick and easy way: by following fun and easy-to-read tutorials.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for intermediate developers who already know the basics of iOS and Swift development but want to learn the new APIs introduced in iOS 9.
Topics Covered in iOS 9 by Tutorials
- Swift 2.0: Discover the new error handling model, protocol extensions, new control flow features and much more!
- Introducing App Search: Learn how to search inside your app and make your content more discoverable.
- Your App on the Web: Integrate deep linking from your website to your app.
- App Thinning: Trim down your app size with iOS 9's new App Thinning feature.
- Multitasking: Get your app ready for the new iPad multitasking.
- UIStackView & Auto Layout Changes: Make your layouts even easier through the power of stack views!
- What’s New in Storyboards?: Discover how to refactor your huge storyboard into smaller segments in iOS 9.
- Contacts: Learn about the new iOS 9 frameworks to ease interaction with contacts.
- Testing: Learn about Xcode's new fully-featured solution for creating UI tests for your application.
- UIKit Dynamics: Discover the great improvements to UIKit Dynamics introduced in iOS 9.
One thing you can count on: after reading this book you'll be prepared to take advantage of all the new improvements iOS 9 has to offer!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Swift 2.0
Chapter 2: Introducing App Search
Chapter 3: Your App on the Web
Chapter 4: App Thinning
Chapter 5: Multitasking
Chapter 6: 3D Touch
Chapter 7: UIStackView & Auto Layout changes
Chapter 8: Intermediate UIStackView
Chapter 9: What's New in Storyboards?
Chapter 10: Custom Segues
Chapter 11: UIKit Dynamics
Chapter 12: Contacts
Chapter 13: Testing
Chapter 14: Location and Mapping
Chapter 15: What's New in Xcode?
- Title: iOS 9 by Tutorials: Learning the new iOS 9 APIs with Swift 2
- Author: Aaron Douglas, Caroline Begbie, Chris Wagner, Derek Selander, Evan Dekhayser, James Frost, Jawwad Ahmad, Pietro Rea, Soheil Azarpour, Vincent Ngo
- Length: 312 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Razeware LLC
- Publication Date: 2015-10-07
- ISBN-10: 1942878117
- ISBN-13: 9781942878117