Learn the New iOS 8 APIs!
At WWDC, Tim Cook declared iOS 8 the most significant change for iOS developers since the introduction of the original iPhone OS SDK.
This is where iOS 8 by Tutorials comes to the rescue! In this book, you will learn the new iOS 8 APIs the quick and easy way - by following fun and easy-to-read tutorials.
iOS 8 by Tutorials covers the following topics:
- Adaptive Layout: Learn how to make your user interfaces adapt to different devices and screen sizes.
- Extensions: Learn how to share your app’s functionality with the OS itself!
- CloudKit: Learn how to store your app’s data on the cloud.
- Scene Kit: Learn how to add 3D visualizations into your own apps!
- Photos: Learn about the new framework that makes working with Photos much easier.
- Live Rendering: Write custom controls that you can configure in Interface Buider!
- Handoff: Learn how to continue a task on a different device with the new Handoff API.
- WebKit: Learn about Apple’s new and improved framework for working with the web.
- Visual Effects: Learn how to blur your app’s UI and use vibrant text.
- Xcode 6: Learn about the new features in Xcode 6 and iTunes Connect.
One thing you can count on - after reading this book you’ll be prepared to take advantage of all the new improvements iOS 8 has to offer!
The iOS Tutorial Team takes pride in making sure each tutorial we write holds to the highest standards of quality. We want our tutorials to be well written, easy to follow, and fun. And we don’t want to just skim the surface of a subject – we want to really dig into it, so you can truly understand how it works and apply the knowledge directly in your own apps.
Table of Contents
Section I: Adaptive Layout
Chapter 1: Introducing Adaptive Layout
Chapter 2: Beginning Adaptive Layout
Chapter 3: Intermediate Adaptive Layout
Chapter 4: Adaptive View Controller Hierarchies
Chapter 5: Transition Coordinators
Chapter 6: Introducing Presentation Controllers
Chapter 7: Custom Presentations
Section II: App Extensions
Chapter 8: Introducing Extensions
Chapter 9: Today Extensions
Chapter 10: Share Extensions
Chapter 11: Action Extensions
Chapter 12: Photo Editing Extensions
Chapter 13: Document Provider Extensions
Chapter 14: Keyboard Extensions
Section III: Major New Features
Chapter 15: Beginning CloudKit
Chapter 16: Intermediate CloudKit
Chapter 17: Beginning Scene Kit
Chapter 18: Intermediate Scene Kit
Chapter 19: Beginning Photos
Chapter 20: Intermediate Photos
Chapter 21: Beginning Live Rendering
Chapter 22: Intermediate Live Rendering
Chapter 23: Handoff
Chapter 24: Beginning WebKit
Chapter 25: Intermediate WebKit
Section IV: Bonus Chapters
Chapter 26: iOS 8 Visual Effects
Chapter 27: An In-depth Look at Xcode 6
Chapter 28: Xcode 6 and Swift
Chapter 29: What’s New with Testing
Chapter 30: What’s New with iTunes Connect
- Title: iOS 8 by Tutorials: Learning the New iOS 8 APIs with Swift
- Author: Audrey Tam, Cesare Rocchi, Chris Lowe, Chris Wagner, Jack Wu, Jake Gundersen, Mike Katz, Nicholas Waynik, Ricardo Rendon Cepeda, Ryan Nystrom, Sam Davies, Soheil Azarpour, Tammy Coron, Vincent Ngo
- Length: 718 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Razeware LLC
- Publication Date: 2014-12-04
- ISBN-10: 0989675173
- ISBN-13: 9780989675178