- Create high performance iOS apps with a focus on application development APIs and techniques
- Enrich your UI skills with UIStoryboard, Autolayout, Size classes, and Container view
- Produce enhanced results with iOS 10 as a result of learning and implementing pro-level practices, techniques, and solutions
Do you want to understand all the facets of iOS 10 programming and build complex iOS apps? Then you have come to the right place. This problem-solution guide will help you to eliminate expensive learning curves and focus on specific issues to make you proficient at tasks and the speed-up time involved.
Beginning with some advanced UI components such as Stack Views and UICollectionView, you will gradually move on to building an interface efficiently.
You will work through adding gesture recognizer and touch elements on table cells for custom actions. You will work with the Photos framework to access and manipulate photos. You will then prepare your app for multitasking and write responsive and highly efficient apps. Next, you will integrate maps and core location services while making your app more secure through various encryption methods. Finally, you will dive deep into the advanced techniques of implementing notifications while working with memory management and optimizing the performance of your apps. By the end of the book, you will master most of the latest iOS 10 frameworks.
What you will learn
- Build your own custom UIViews through code or the interface builder
- Implement a dynamic and interactive interface in an iOS app
- Work on various graphics related elements and the process of using them together to make meaningful shapes
- Use the side over and split view to interact with multiple apps concurrently
- Encrypt JSON calls to make the app more secure
- Work on web markup feature to enhance search optimization
About the Author
Hossam Ghareeb is a software engineer who graduated from the computer and system engineering department of Alexandria University in 2012. Currently, he is an iOS software engineer at Prototype Interactive in Dubai. He has a lot of experience in iOS development and software engineering; he always keeps himself up to date with new technologies.
It is his passion to help people by sharing his experience and writing tutorials to get people engaged quickly without encountering any problems. His favorite hobbies are fishing and playing video games, especially FIFA and PES. If you need his help or wish to go fishing with him, then you can contact him at [email protected]
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Swift Programming Language
Chapter 2. The Essentials
Chapter 3. Integrating with Messages App
Chapter 4. Working with Interface Builder
Chapter 5. Working with UITableView
Chapter 6. Animations and Graphics
Chapter 7. Multimedia
Chapter 8. Concurrency
Chapter 9. Location Services
Chapter 10. Security and Encryption
Chapter 11. Networking
Chapter 12. Persisting Data with Core Data
Chapter 13. Notifications
Chapter 14. App Search
Chapter 15. Optimizing Performance