An end–to-end journey, empowering you to build real-time, scalable, and interactive mobile applications with the Ionic framework
About This Book
- Develop engaging mobile experiences with a native-looking UI in Ionic and AngularJS.
- Use out-of-the-box Ionic functionalities, customize existing components, and add new components with this comprehensive course.
- Learn Ionic by creating three complete mobile applications
Who This Book Is For
If you are a web developer who wants to build hybrid mobile app development using the Ionic framework, then this comprehensive course is best-suited for you.
What You Will Learn
- Get to know about Hybrid Apps and AngularJS
- Set up a development environment to build Hybrid Apps
- Navigate around components and routing in Ionic
- Authenticate users using an e-mail password, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn
- Retrieve data and store it using Firebase
- Access native device functionalities such as the camera, contact list, e-mail, and maps using NG-Cordova
- Integrate PhoneGap plugins with NG-Cordova
- Test your apps to improve and optimize performance
Hybrid Apps are a promising choice in mobile app development to achieve cost-effectiveness and rapid development. Ionic has evolved as the most popular choice for Hybrid Mobile App development as it tends to match the native experience and provides robust components/tools to build apps. The Ionic Complete Developers course takes you on an end–to-end journey, empowering you to build real-time, scalable, and interactive mobile applications with the Ionic framework.
Starting with an introduction to the Ionic framework to get you up and running, you will gradually move on to setting up the environment, and work through the multiple options and features available in Ionic to build amazing hybrid mobile apps. You will learn how to use Cordova plugins to include native functionality in your hybrid apps.
You will work through three complete projects and build a basic to-do list app, a London tourist app, and a complete social media app. All three projects have been designed to help you learn Ionic at its very best. From setting up your project to developing on both the server side and front end, and best practices for testing and debugging your projects, you'll quickly be able to deliver high-performance mobile apps that look awesome.
You will then hone your skills with recipes for cross-platform development. Integrating Ionic with Cordova will bring you native device features, and you will learn about the best modules from its ecosystem. Creating components and customizing the theme will allow you to extend Ionic. You'll see how to build your app to deploy to all platforms to make you a confident start-to-finish mobile developer.
This Learning Path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
- Getting Started with Ionic – by Rahat Khanna
- Ionic by Example – by Sani Yusuf
- Ionic Cookbook – by Hoc Phan
Style and approach
This course shows you how to get up and running with the Ionic framework. It doesn't just give you instructions, expecting you to follow them. Instead, with a hands-on approach, it demonstrates what Ionic is capable of through a series of practical projects that you can build yourself.
Table of Contents
1. Module 1
1. All About Hybrid Mobile Apps and Ionic Framework
2. Setting up the Environment the Right Way
3. Start Building Your First Ionic App
4. Navigation and Routing in an Ionic App
5. Accessorizing Your App with Ionic Components
6. Integrating App with Backend Services
7. Testing App on Real Devices
8. Working with Cordova Plugins – ngCordova
9. Future of Ionic
2. Module 2
1. First Look at Ionic
2. To-Do List App
3. Running Ionic Apps
4. Ionic Components
5. The London Tourist App
6. Advanced Ionic Components
7. Customizing the App
8. Building a Simple Social App
9. Connecting to Firebase
3. Module 3
1. Creating Our First App with Ionic 2
2. Adding Ionic 2 Components
3. Extending Ionic 2 with Angular 2 Building Blocks
4. Validating Forms and Making HTTP Requests
5. Adding Animation
6. User Authentication and Push Notification Using Ionic Cloud
7. Supporting Device Functionalities Using Ionic Native
8. Theming the App
9. Publishing the App for Different Platforms