Get a solid understanding of Java fundamentals through series of practical steps to the actual real programming
- Take your first steps into the world of programming
- Understand what a Language is and learn about how you can use its features to build amazing applications
- Learn about the various applications of programming and get directions on where to go from here
Have you ever thought about learning how to make your computer do what you want it to do? Do you want to learn to program but just don't know where to start? Have all other learning resources got you confused with over explanations, rather than walking you in the right direction? Don't worry, you have to look no further.
Written by not just an industry expert, but by someone who understands the challenges faced by non-technical folks and those from a non-programming background, this book takes a gentle, hand-holding approach to getting you into the world of programming. Beginning with an introduction to what programming is, the book will go on to explaining about languages, their syntax and development environments. There's enough and plenty examples for you to code alongside reading, so you'll learn by doing, rather than just letting everything go over the top of your head. You'll understand several aspects of application development and by the end of the book, we guarantee that you'll have your very own application running. For the brave at heart, we also have exercises at the end of each chapter, that will intrigue you and encourage you to add your own personal touch to the code and ultimately your application.
What You Will Learn
- Understand what is Java
- Install Java machine and learn how to run it.
- Write and execute Java program.
- Write and execute the test for your program.
- Install components and configure your development environment.
- Learn and use Java language fundamentals.
- Learn object-oriented design principles.
- Master most often used Java constructs.
- Learn how to use tools that come with Java installation.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for anybody, yes anybody, who wants to learn programming. All you'll need is a PC, an internet connection and a cup of coffee.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Java Virtual Machine (JVM) on Your Computer
Chapter 2. Java Language Basics
Chapter 3. Your Development Environment Setup
Chapter 4. Your First Java Project
Chapter 5. Java Language Elements and Types
Chapter 6. Interfaces, Classes, and Object Construction
Chapter 7. Packages and Accessibility (Visibility)
Chapter 8. Object-Oriented Design (OOD) Principles
Chapter 9. Operators, Expressions, and Statements
Chapter 10. Control Flow Statements
Chapter 11. JVM Processes and Garbage Collection
Chapter 12. Java Standard and External Libraries
Chapter 13. Java Collections
Chapter 14. Managing Collections and Arrays
Chapter 15. Managing Objects, Strings, Time, and Random Numbers
Chapter 16. Database Programming
Chapter 17. Lambda Expressions and Functional Programming
Chapter 18. Streams and Pipelines
Chapter 19. Reactive Systems