Not only will you pick up important tips about game design, you’ll also learn how to publish Impact games to the Web, desktop, and mobile—including a method to package your game as a native iOS app. Packed with screen shots and sample code, this book is ideal for game developers of all levels.
- Set up your development environment and discover Impact’s advantages
- Build a complete game with core logic, collision detection, and player and monster behavior
- Learn why a game design document is critical before you start building
- Display and animate game artwork with sprite sheets
- Add sound effects, background music, and text
- Create screens to display stats and in-game status
- Prepare to publish by baking your game files into a single file