Introducing Autodesk Maya 2014: Autodesk Official Press
What you need to get up and running on Autodesk Maya 2014
Autodesk Maya is the industry-leading 3D animation and effects software, and this detailed Autodesk Official Press book is the ideal way to get you started using Maya like a studio veteran. Professional visual effects artist and Maya expert Dariush Derakhshani clearly explains the basics of modeling, texturing, animating and visual effects for new users, while leading you through fun and challenging lessons that give you plenty of hands-on practice. The book includes a color insert featuring dazzling examples from talented beginners, so you can see what's possible.
- Gets beginners and those migrating from other 3D applications up and running on Autodesk Maya 2014
- Helps users master the Maya interface and the basics of modeling, texturing, animating, and visual effects
- Provides practical and fun, step-by-step tutorials that illustrate realistic, professional challenges
- Includes a full-color insert of amazing examples from talented beginners
- Written by an Autodesk Authorized Author and is an Autodesk Official Press book
Whether you're new to 3D or migrating from another 3D application, Introducing Autodesk Maya will kickstart your creativity and get you up and running on Maya.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction to Computer Graphics and 3D
Chapter 2. Jumping in Headfirst, with Both Feet
Chapter 3. The Autodesk Maya 2014 Interface
Chapter 4. Beginning Polygonal Modeling
Chapter 5. Modeling with NURBS Surfaces and Deformers
Chapter 6. Practical Experience
Chapter 7. Autodesk Maya Shading and Texturing
Chapter 8. Introduction to Animation
Chapter 9. More Animation!
Chapter 10. Autodesk Maya Lighting
Chapter 11. Autodesk Maya Rendering
Chapter 12. Autodesk Maya Dynamics and Effects