Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to online entitlements with the products.
The first – and best – primer for the cardiovascular interventionalist – updated with more than twenty new chapters and all-new Q&A
A Doody’s Core Title for 2019!
Filling a crucial gap in procedural knowledge, this groundbreaking reference was the first to focus on interventional cardiovascular procedures. Interventional Cardiology, Second Edition includes a completely updated section on procedures, as well as chapters on the necessary scientific foundation, to which specialists will refer every day in their clinical practice. In addition, each procedural chapter is enhanced by valuable tips and pitfalls from an internationally recognized group of experts.
The comprehensive coverage of this groundbreaking resource is highly accessible, thanks to a well-organized full-color format that synthesizes important information and provides a consistent template in describing each procedure. Throughout the book, charts and tables help to summarize key concepts and can serve as the basis for a detailed overview.
- NEW to this edition: Multiple-choice questions (with answers) at the end of most chapters
- 21 NEW CHAPTERS, including History of Interventional Cardiology, Publishing Interventional Cardiology Research, Web-Based Learning, Medical Simulation in Interventional Cardiology, Emerging Clinical Applications of Physiologic and Intravascular Imaging Tools, An Overview of MitraClip Procedure, Cell Therapy for Cardiovascular Disease, and more
- Edited by some of the foremost experts in the field, and featuring contributions from key opinion leaders in interventional cardiology
- Top-to-bottom coverage of the latest interventional cardiology techniques
- Valuable perspectives on avoiding and properly managing complications
- Up-to-date information on devices
- Numerous high-quality full-color images and figures throughout
- High-yield content makes it valuable for board review
- More than 1,500 illustrations, including more than 600 full-color photographs.