With the help of Espressif's ESP32 chip, develop and program impressive Internet of Things projects
- Build smart IoT projects such as a Wi-Fi camera, sensor monitoring logger, and weather station
- Configure ESP32 on the cloud and explore networkable modules for your IoT projects
- Learn basic to advanced IoT concepts with ESP32
ESP32, a low-cost MCU with integrated Wi-Fi and BLE capabilities, has a variety of modules and development boards for building IoT applications effectively. Wi-Fi and BLE are common network stacks in Internet of Things applications that provide cost-effective solutions for your business and project needs.
This book is a fundamental guide for developing ESP32 programs, and begins by explaining GPIO (General Purpose I/O) programming with sensor devices. You'll get up to speed with ESP32 development through a number of IoT projects such as weather stations, sensor loggers, smart homes, Wi-Fi cams, and Wi-Fi wardriving. As you progress, you'll learn how to use ESP32 boards to facilitate interactions between mobile applications and cloud servers, such as AWS.
By the end of this book, you'll have learned how to run a range of IoT projects using the ESP32 chip.
What you will learn
- Understand how to build a sensor monitoring logger
- Build a weather station to sense temperature and humidity using ESP32
- Build your own Wi-Fi wardriving hardware with ESP32
- Use BLE to initiate interactions between ESP32 and mobile applications
- Discover how to establish interactions between ESP32 boards and cloud servers
- Develop an IoT application-based ESP32 board
Who this book is for
If you're an IoT developer, system developer, or anyone who wants to build powerful and inexpensive IoT projects using ESP32, this book is for you. You'll also find this book useful if you are just getting started with IoT or have experience with other platforms such as Arduino, ESP8266, and Raspberry Pi.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with ESP32
- Making Visual Data and Animation on an LCD
- Building a Simple Game with an Embedded ESP32 Board
- Building a Sensor Monitoring Logger
- Controlling IoT Devices over the Internet
- Building an IoT Weather Station
- Making Your Own Wi-Fi Wardriving
- Building Your Own Wi-Fi Cam
- Making IoT Devices Interact with Mobile Applications
- Building IoT Monitoring with Cloud Technology