Learn how to develop a 2D HTML5 platformer that is capable of running in modern browsers
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn about HTML5 2D game development and how to create your own HTML5 games
- Embed your game within a webpage and share it with friends
- Create enhanced games and publish to the Apple app store, Google Play, Windows Marketplace, or Facebook
Game development has traditionally only been accessible to those with experience in computer science and access to the best or most expensive development tools. However, with the advent of technologies such as HTML5 and the ability to self-publish, web-based games such as those on Facebook and smartphones are becoming more attractive to develop than ever before. Through the use of open technologies such as HTML5, anyone with even a basic understanding of games development can begin to develop video games in their spare time and publish them to the Web or as an application for mobile devices.
Instant HTML5 2D Platformer introduces you to HTML5 canvas through a number of exercises, which show what the canvas is capable of. The book contains a number of clear, practical, hands-on tasks that incrementally build on the concepts of game creation and result in a 2D HTML5 platform-based game.
By undertaking the tasks within this book, you will learn how to develop your own 2D HTML5 game framework that you can use in the creation of your own video games, not just the game developed within this book. Alongside this framework you will learn how to develop and understand 2D animation, game logic, and how to handle user input devices.
What you will learn from this book
- Develop a multi-browser-compatible HTML5 game
- Handle user input devices
- Create a game object management system that will be used to represent the player, enemy units, and collectible items
- Implement your own 2D animation manager system
- Add sound effects to an HTML5 game
- Monitor game statistics and reflect this through an HTML5-canvas-based graphical interface
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. The step-by-step approach taken by this book will show you how to develop a 2D HTML5 platformer-based game that you will be able to publish to multiple devices.
Who this book is written for
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Instant HTML5 2D Platformer
Book DownloadTry Audible and Get 2 Free Audiobooks »
|Download Link||Format||Size (MB)||Upload Date|
|Direct download (Recommended!)||11.7||05/15/2019|
|Download from EU(multi)||11.6||09/14/2014|
|Download from FilePi||11.6||09/14/2014|
|Download from UpLoaded||11.6||09/16/2014|
|Download from ZippyShare||11.6||09/16/2014|
|Download from ZippyShare||11.6||05/03/2017|