Now fully updated for Cisco’s new CIPTV1 300-070 exam Implementing Cisco IP Telephony and Video, Part 1(CIPTV1) Foundation Learning Guide is your Cisco® authorized learning tool for CCNP® Collaboration preparation. Part of the Cisco Press Foundation Learning Series, it teaches essential knowledge and skills for building and maintaining a robust and scalable Cisco Collaboration solution.
The authors focus on deploying the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), CUCM features, CUCM based call routing, Cisco IOS Voice Gateways, Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), and Quality of Service (QoS).
They introduce each key challenge associated with configuring CUCM, implementing gateways and CUBE, and building dial plans to place on-net and off-net calls using traditional numbered dial plans and Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs). They show how to implement conferencing and other media resources, and prepare you to apply QoS features for voice and video.
Each chapter opens with a topic list that clearly identifies its focus, ends with a quick-study summary of key concepts, and presents review questions to assess and reinforce your understanding. The authors present Cisco best practices, and illustrate operations and problem solving via realistic examples.
This guide is ideal for all certification candidates who want to master all the topics covered on the CIPTV1 300-070 exam.
The official book for Cisco Networking Academy’s new CCNP CIPTV1 course includes all new [email protected] Cisco CIPTV1 e-Learning course content:
- Covers CUCM architecture, deployment models, and tradeoffs
- Walks through bringing CUCM online, deploying endpoints, and setting up users
- Explains how to create a solid IP Phone foundation for advanced services
- Covers dial plan elements, design, and implementation
- Reviews key call routing elements
- Explains digit manipulation
- Shows how to control user access
- Discusses audio/video resources and videoconferencing
- Covers QoS tools and preferential call handling
- Explains external connections via Cisco IOS Voice Gateways and CUBE
- Streamlines review with clear summaries, assessment questions, and objectives
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Understanding Cisco Unified Communications Manager Architecture
Chapter 2 Cisco Unified Communications Manager Deployment Models
Chapter 3 Cisco Unified Communications Manager Services and Initial Configuration Settings
Chapter 4 Deploying Endpoints and Users in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Chapter 5 Deploying IP Phone Services in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Chapter 6 An Overview of Dial Plan Design and Implementation in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Chapter 7 Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Call Routing and Digit Manipulation
Chapter 8 Implementing Calling Privileges in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Chapter 9 Implementing Call Coverage in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Chapter 10 Implementing Media Resources in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Chapter 11 Cisco Video Conferencing
Chapter 12 Quality of Service in Cisco Collaboration Solutions
Chapter 13 Implementing Cisco IOS Voice Gateways and Cisco Unified Border Element
Appendix A: Answers to the Review Questions
- Title: Implementing Cisco IP Telephony and Video, Part 1 (CIPTV1), Foundation Learning Guide, 3rd Edition
- Author: Akhil Behl, Berni Gardiner, Joshua Samuel Finke
- Length: 480 pages
- Edition: 3
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cisco Press
- Publication Date: 2016-09-26
- ISBN-10: 1587144514
- ISBN-13: 9781587144516