HTML5 Programming for ASP.NET Developers teaches you to harness the power and flexibility of HTML5 in your ASP.NET Web Forms and ASP.NET MVC applications. Focusing on the programmable features of HTML5 that will be most useful to you as an ASP.NET developer, this book will take you straight to the heart of what you can get out of this new technology.
HTML5 Programming for ASP.NET Developers will show you how to:
- Add interactivity and media to your sites using the Canvas and Audio and Video APIs.
- Make your web applications work offline, understand client side storage options using web storage, and work with local files using the File API.
- Use the Communication API and Web Sockets for easier communication between server and client.
Other topics include multithreading with Web Workers, understanding the new input types, using Geolocation, and enhancing your web forms and views with CSS3. All major browsers already support HTML5 to varying degrees and are aggressively working to provide full-fledged standardized support. Start using HTML5 in your projects today, and build future-ready web applications that take advantage of the exciting features that HTML5 has to offer.
What you’ll learn
- Use Canvas, Audio and Video, Web Storage, the History API, File API, Web Workers, Web Sockets, Geolocation and more in ASP.NET
- Illustrates HTML5 feature utilization in both Web Forms and MVC applications
- Learn to use HTML5 in Visual Studio
- Learn to style web forms and views with CSS3
- Develop cross-browser, future-ready web applications
Who this book is for
Whether you've worked on a few small projects, or been working with ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC for some time, this book will get you up-and-running with HTML5 so you can make it a part of your daily toolkit. If you are comfortable with creating Web Forms and MVC projects, and you care about staying at the cutting edge of the latest web standards and technologies, this book is for you.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Overview of HTML5 and ASP.NET 4.5
Chapter 2. Overview of jQuery
Chapter 3. Working with Audio and Video
Chapter 4. Drawing with the Canvas
Chapter 5. Working with Forms and Controls
Chapter 6. Using History API and Custom Data Attributes
Chapter 7. Storing Data in Web Storage
Chapter 8. Developing Offline Web Applications
Chapter 9. Dealing with Local Files Using the File API
Chapter 10. Multithreading in Web Pages Using Web Workers
Chapter 11. Using the Communication API and Web Sockets
Chapter 12. Finding Location with the Geolocation API
Chapter 13. Styling Web Forms and Views with CSS3
Chapter 14. Appendix A. HTML5 Learning Resources