Host Your Web Site On The Cloud is your step-by-step guide to this revolutionary approach to hosting and managing your web applications.
Cloud computing gives you the tools you need to prepare and cope with a traffic onslaught. You'll have the confidence to withstand a traffic surge without melting your servers or sending you into bankruptcy.
There are a number of ways to use the cloud to host existing applications, build creative new ones, and improve the cost-effectiveness and efficiency or organizations large and small.
You'll learn how to:
- gain a thorough understanding of cloud computing
- master the fundamentals of Amazon Web Services
- install and configure visual and command line tools
- store, retrieve, and distribute data quickly and easily
- build applications that scale
- manage the monitoring, load balancing, and scaling capabilities of cloud computing
As a developer, you need room & flexibility to be innovative. Why waste time worrying about the technical aspects of server capacity? AWS handles security, load balancing, and server resources virtually so you're not restricted to one physical server.
Table of Contents
1. Welcome to Cloud Computing
2. Amazon Web Services Overview
3. Tooling Up
4. Storing Data with Amazon S3
5. Web Hosting with Amazon EC2
6. Building a Scalable Architecture with Amazon SQS
7. EC2 Monitoring, Auto Scaling, and Elastic Load Balancing
8. Amazon SimpleDB: A Cloud Database
9. Amazon Relational Database Service
10. Advanced AWS
11. Putting It All Together: CloudList