Let's say you have an idea for a killer iPhone app. Where do you begin? Head First iPhone Development will help you get your first application up and running in no time. You'll quickly learn to use iPhone SDK tools, including Interface Builder and Xcode, and master Objective-C programming principles that will make your app stand out. It's a complete learning experience for creating eye-catching, top-selling iPhone applications.
- Put Objective-C core concepts to work, including message passing, protocols, properties, and memory management
- Take advantage of iPhone patterns such as datasources and delegates
- Preview your applications in the iPhone Simulator
- Build complicated interactions that utilize multiple views, data entry/editing, and iPhone rotation
- Work with iPhone's camera, GPS, and accelerometer
- Optimize, test, and distribute your application
We think your time is too valuable to waste struggling with new concepts. Using the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory to craft a multi-sensory learning experience, Head First iPhone Development provides a visually-rich format designed for the way your brain works, not a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. getting started: Going mobile
Chapter 2. iPhone app patterns: Hello @twitter!
Chapter 3. objective-c for the iPhone: Twitter needs variety
Chapter 4. multiple views: A table with a view
Chapter 5. plists and modal views: Refining your app
Chapter 6. saving, editing, and sorting data: Everyone’s an editor...
Chapter 7. tab bars and core data: Enterprise apps
Chapter 8. migrating and optimizing with core data: Things are changing
Chapter 9: camera, map kit, and core location: Proof in the real world