Nonprofits and the social sectors are taking on an increasing share of the world's most vital work. Make sure your organization is ready for the challenge.
If you read nothing else on nonprofits and the social sectors, read these 10 articles. We've combed through hundreds of Harvard Business Review articles and selected the most important ones to help you align your organization's mission and strategy, deliver immediate impact, and create lasting change.
This book will inspire you to:
- Choose the right problem to solve
- Understand when the best practices of for-profits don't apply
- Assemble an engaged and goal-driven board of directors
- Make the most of for-profit initiatives and corporate partnerships
- Drive demand, scale up, and be ready to change course
- Learn from the success stories of the world's most respected nonprofit leaders
This collection of articles includes "Lofty Missions, Down-to-Earth Plans," by V. Kasturi Rangan; "What Business Can Learn from Nonprofits," by Peter F. Drucker; "Life's Work: An Interview with Desmond Tutu"; "Are You Solving the Right Problem?" by Dwayne Spradlin; "Life's Work: An Interview with George Mitchell"; "Enterprising Nonprofits," by J. Gregory Dees; "Life's Work: An Interview with Wynton Marsalis"; "State Street's CEO on Creating Employment for At-Risk Youths," by Joseph Hooley; "Life's Work: An Interview with Salman Khan"; "Do Better at Doing Good," by V. Kasturi Rangan, Sohel Karim, and Sheryl K. Sandberg; "AEI's President on Measuring the Impact of Ideas," by Arthur C. Brooks; "Life's Work: An Interview with Michelle Bachelet"; "The New Work of the Nonprofit Board," by Barbara E. Taylor, Richard P. Chait, and Thomas P. Holland; "Life's Work: An Interview with Bill T. Jones"; "Reaching the World's Poorest Consumers," by Muhammad Yunus, Frederic Dalsace, David Menasce, and Benedicte Faivre-Tavignot; "Life's Work: An Interview with Muhammad Yunus"; and "Audacious Philanthropy: Lessons from 15 World-Changing Initiatives," by Susan Wolf Ditkoff and Abe Grindle.
- Title: HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Nonprofits and the Social Sectors
- Author: Arthur C. Brooks, Harvard Business Review, Muhammad Yunus, Peter F. Drucker, Sheryl K. Sandberg
- Length: 224 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press
- Publication Date: 2019-05-14
- ISBN-10: 1633696901
- ISBN-13: 9781633696907