Rethink how your organization creates, delivers, and captures value--or risk becoming irrelevant.
If you read nothing else on business model innovation, read these 10 articles. We've combed through hundreds of Harvard Business Review articles and selected the most important ones to help you reach new customers and stay ahead of your competitors by reinventing your business model.
This book will inspire you to:
- Assess whether your core business model is going strong or running out of gas
- Fend off free and discount entrants to your market
- Reinvigorate growth by adding a second business model
- Adopt the practices of lean startups
- Develop a platform around your key products
- Make business model innovation an ongoing discipline within your organization
This collection of articles includes "Why Business Models Matter," by Joan Magretta; "Reinventing Your Business Model," by Mark W. Johnson, Clayton M. Christensen, and Henning Kagermann; "When Your Business Model Is in Trouble," an interview with Rita Gunther McGrath by Sarah Cliffe; "Four Paths to Business Model Innovation," by Karan Girotra and Serguei Netessine; "The Transformative Business Model," by Stelios Kavadias, Kostas Ladas, and Christoph Loch; "Competing Against Free," by David J. Bryce, Jeﬀrey H. Dyer, and Nile W. Hatch; "Why the Lean Start-Up Changes Everything," by Steve Blank; "Finding the Platform in Your Product," by Andrei Hagiu and Elizabeth J. Altman; "Pipelines, Platforms, and the New Rules of Strategy," by Marshall W. Van Alstyne, Geoﬀrey G. Parker, and Sangeet Paul Choudary; "When One Business Model Isn't Enough," by Ramon Casadesus-Masanell and Jorge Tarzijan; and "Reaching the Rich World's Poorest Consumers," by Muhammad Yunus, Frederic Dalsace, David Menasce, and Benedicte Faivre-Tavignot.
HBR's 10 Must Reads paperback series is the definitive collection of books for new and experienced leaders alike. Leaders looking for the inspiration that big ideas provide, both to accelerate their own growth and that of their companies, should look no further.
HBR's 10 Must Reads series focuses on the core topics that every ambitious manager needs to know: leadership, strategy, change, managing people, and managing yourself. Harvard Business Review has sorted through hundreds of articles and selected only the most essential reading on each topic. Each title includes timeless advice that will be relevant regardless of an ever‐changing business environment.
- Title: HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Business Model Innovation
- Author: Clayton M. Christensen, Harvard Business Review, Mark W. Johnson, Rita Gunther McGrath, Steve Blank
- Length: 176 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press
- Publication Date: 2019-07-02
- ISBN-10: 1633696871
- ISBN-13: 9781633696877