Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The gold-standard text on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders affecting the elderly – completely updated with a new full-color presentation
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
The definitive treatise on the subject of geriatrics, this comprehensive text combines gerontology principles with clinical geriatrics, offering a uniquely holistic approach to this ever-expanding area of medicine. Written by some of the world’s most respected geriatricians, Hazzard’s Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Seventh Edition presents up-to-date, evidence-based information in a rich new full-color design. Unmatched as a textbook, this classic is also valuable to fellows in geriatric medicine.
Hazzards’s Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Seventh Edition is logically divided into five parts: Principles of Gerontology, Principles of Geriatrics, Geriatric Syndromes, Principles of Palliative Medicine, and Organ Systems and Diseases. Within its pages, you will find balanced, authoritative coverage of every essential topic – from evaluation and management to nutrition and palliative medicine.
Here’s why the Seventh Edition is the best edition ever:
- NEW full-color design with hundreds of color photographs
- NEW chapters: Quality of Care in Older Adults, Common Non-Pain Symptoms in Older Adults, Strategies of Effective Communication Around Advanced Illness, Palliative Medicine in the Continuum of Care Including Hospice, Coagulation Disorders, and Plasma Cell Disorders
- MORE chapters on Palliative Medicine
- NEW Learning Objectives and Key Points added to each chapter
- MORE tables, drawings, and clinical algorithms
- EVIDENCE-BASED through the use of the latest clinical practice guidelines , references to systemic reviews, and critically appraised topics
- UPDATED to reflect the most current clinical breakthroughs and advances for managing older adults in various settings
- Title: Hazzard’s Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, 7th Edition
- Author: Christine S. Ritchie, Jeffrey B. Halter, Joseph G. Ouslander, Kevin P. High, Mark A. Supiano, Sanjay Asthana, Stephanie Studenski
- Length: 2096 pages
- Edition: 7
- Language: English
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical
- Publication Date: 2016-12-23
- ISBN-10: 0071833455
- ISBN-13: 9780071833455