Design scalable and high-performance enterprise applications using the latest features of C# 8 and .NET Core 3.0
- Become a Software Architect who crafts modular applications from business requirements
- Design software systems that achieve high performance using the latest features of C# 8 and .NET Core 3
- Explore different enterprise architectural patterns to solve the problem of scalability in web applications
Software architecture is the practice of implementing structures and systems that streamlines the software development process and improves the quality of the application. This book provides a hands-on approach to learning various architectural approaches that will help you develop and deliver high-quality products.
We will begin with learning how to transform user requirements into architectural needs and exploring the differences between functional and non-functional requirements. We will learn how to carefully choose a cloud solution for your infrastructure and provide some dos and don'ts that will help you manage your application in a cloud-based environment. We will present various techniques and processes such as DevOps, Microservices, and Continuous Integration and implement these using Microsoft technologies such as ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework, CosmosDB, and Azure DevOps. You will also learn about different testing frameworks and automation tools to ease your development efforts. Finally, we'll learn about design patterns and various software approaches that will allow you to solve common problems faced during development.
By the end of the book, you will be able to develop and deliver highly scalable enterprise-ready applications that meet the customer's business needs.
What you will learn
- Overcome real-world architectural challenges and solve design consideration issues
- Apply different architectural approaches like Layered Architecture, SOA, and Microservices
- Understand tools such as containers Docker and Kubernetes to manage microservices
- Learn about Azure CosmosDB for delivering multi-continental solutions
- Learn how to program and maintain the Azure Functions using C#
- Decide when to use TDD as an approach for software development
- Write automated functional test cases for your project
Who This Book Is For
This book is for engineers and senior developers who are aspiring to become architects or wish to build enterprise applications with the .NET Stack. Experience with C# and .NET is required.