- Build an intelligent robot that can detect and avoid obstacles and respond to voice commands
- Detect and track objects and faces using OpenCV
- Control your robot with a GUI button designed using Qt5
C++ is one of the most popular legacy programming languages for robotics, and a combination of C++ and robotics hardware is used in many leading industries. This book will bridge the gap between Raspberry Pi and C/C++ programming and enable you to develop applications for Raspberry Pi. To follow along with the projects covered in the book, you can implement C programs in Raspberry Pi with the wiringPi library.
With this book, you'll develop a fully functional car robot and write programs to move it in different directions. You'll then create an obstacle - avoiding robot using an ultrasonic sensor. Furthermore, you'll find out how to control the robot wirelessly using your PC/Mac. This book will also help you work with object detection and tracking using OpenCV, and guide you through exploring face detection techniques. Finally, you will create an Android app and control the robot wirelessly with an Android smartphone.
By the end of this book, you will have gained experience in developing a robot using Raspberry Pi and C/C++ programming.
What you will learn
- Install software in Raspberry Pi compatible with C++ programming
- Program the Raspberry Pi in C++ to run a motor
- Control RPi-powered robot wirelessly with your laptop or PC
- Program an RPi camera using OpenCV Control a Raspberry Pi robot with voice commands
- Implement face and object detection with Raspberry Pi
Who this book is for
This book is for developers, programmers, and robotics enthusiasts interested in leveraging C++ to build exciting robotics applications. Prior knowledge of C++ is necessary to understand the projects covered in this book.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Raspberry Pi
- Implementing Blink with Wiring Pi
- Construction & Movement of Robot
- Building Obstacle Avoiding Robot
- Controlling Robot using Desktop
- Accessing Rpi Cam with OpenCV
- Building Object Following Robot with OpenCV
- Constructing Emotion Recognition Robot
- Building Voice Control Robot