Explore Qt framework and APIs for building cross-platform applications for mobile devices, embedded systems, and IoT
- Build cross-platform applications and deploy them across mobile and connected devices
- Design 2D and 3D UIs for embedded systems using Yocto and Qt Creator
- Build machine to machine automation solution using QtSensors, QtMQTT, and QtWebSockets
Qt is a world-class framework, helping you to develop rich graphical user interfaces (GUIs) and multi-platform applications that run on all major desktop platforms and most mobile or embedded platforms. The framework helps you connect the dots across platforms and between online and physical experience.
This book will help you leverage the fully-featured Qt framework and its modular cross-platform library classes and intuitive APIs to develop applications for mobile, IoT, and industrial embedded systems. Considerations such as screen size, device orientation changes, and small memory will be discussed. We will focus on various core aspects of embedded and mobile systems, such as connectivity, networking, and sensors; there is no IoT without sensors. You will learn how to quickly design a flexible, fast, and responsive UI that looks great. Going further, you will implement different elements in a matter of minutes and synchronize the UI elements with the 3D assets with high precision. You will learn how to create high-performance embedded systems with 3D/2D user interfaces, and deploy and test on your target hardware. The book will explore several new features, including Qt for WebAssembly.
At the end of this book, you will learn about creating a full software stack for embedded Linux systems using Yocto and Boot to Qt for Device Creation.
What you will learn
- Explore the latest features of Qt, such as preview for Qt for Python and Qt for WebAssembly
- Create fluid UIs with a dynamic layout for different sized screens
- Deploy embedded applications on Linux systems using Yocto
- Design Qt APIs for building applications for embedded and mobile devices
- Utilize connectivity for networked and machine automated applications
- Discover effective techniques to apply graphical effects using Qt Quick apps
Who this book is for
The book is ideal for mobile developers, embedded systems engineers and enthusiasts who are interested in building cross-platform applications with Qt. Prior knowledge of C++ is required.
Table of Contents
- Standard Qt Widgets
- Fluid UI with Qt Quick
- Graphical and Special Effects
- Input and Touch
- Qt Network for Communication
- Connectivity with Qt Bluetooth LE
- Machines Talking
- Where Am I? Location and Positioning
- Sounds and Visions - Qt Multimedia
- Remote Databases with Qt SQL
- Enabling In-App Purchases with Qt Purchasing
- Cross Compiling and Remote Debugging
- Deploying to Mobile and Embedded
- Universal Platform for Mobiles and Embedded Devices
- Building a Linux System