- Build your first ever video game using Unity 2D/3D Game kit
- Learn how to create game levels, adding props, giving behaviours to objects and working on gameplay
- Step by step instructions on creating your own AI enemy and interacting with it
Hands-On Game Development without Coding is the first Visual Scripting book in the market. It was tailor made for a non programing audience who are wondering how a videogame is made.
After reading this book you will be able to develop your own 2d and 3d videogames and use it on your presentations, to speed up your level design deliveries, test your game design ideas, work on your proofs of concept, or even doing it just for fun.
The best thing about Hands-On Game Development without Coding is that you don't need any previous knowledge to read and understand the process of creating a videogame. It is our main focus to provide you with the opportunity to create a videogame as easy and fast as possible.
Once you go through the book, you will be able to create player input interaction, levels, object behaviours, enemy AI, creating your own UI and finally giving life to your game by building it.
What you will learn
- Understanding the Interface and kit flow.
- Comprehend the virtual space and its rules.
- Learning the behaviours and roles each component must have in order to make a videogame.
- Learn about videogame development
- Creating a videogame without the need of learning any programming language
- Create your own gameplay HUD to display player and Enemy information
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who is interested in becoming a game developer but do not posses any coding experience or programming skills. All you need is a computer and basic software interface knowledge.
Table of Contents
- Game Design - Introduction
- User Interface - Layouts and Shortcuts
- Basic Concepts - Variables and Components
- Getting Started - Object Placement
- Object Behaviours - Adding logic to objects
- Player Character - Components and Behaviors
- Interactable Objects - Enhancing Interaction
- Playing with Visual and Sound Effects
- Enemy Logic - Basic AI
- Enemy Components and Behaviors
- A Bigger Challenge - The Boss
- UI Interaction - Menu and Button Feedback
- Gameplay HUD - Player UI and Dialog Box
- Project End - Platform Selection and Building