Develop rich and scalable applications with the new MEAN Stack
- Learn how to construct modern web applications with Node.js, Express.js, MondoDB, and Aurelia.
- Gain deep and practical understanding of real-time web applications with real-worl examples
Moving on, you will understand and explore the NoSQL paradigm and implement it using one of the most popular NoSQL databases, MongoDB, with some awesome libraries to make the experience very comfortable and useful. Next, you will add some advanced behavior to our components; from manage the life cycle in a proper way to use dynamic binding, fields' validations and custom service layer.
You will integrate our application to Google OAuth Service and learn best practices to secure your applications. You will also write integration and UI Testing scripts to create high quality Aurelia Apps and explore the most used tools to run the end2end tests. Next, you will learn to deploy your application to the Cloud and Docker Containers.
By the end of the book, you will have the skills to create rich applications through good practices and modern approaches, becoming a complete fullstack developer.
What you will learn
- Create front end applications using Aurelia JS from scratch, following good practices and modern approaches.
- Learn about modern CSS preprocessors and how they can improve readability of your application
- Use Aurelia framework to create navigable web applications with custom behavior and logic on the client side
- Write your own tests and expect some custom behavior, ensuring your application to be secure and fault tolerance
- Create solid and understandable restful API's using microservice architecture.
- Understand the NoSQL paradigm and get the best performance from DB
- Integrate third party libraries such Gmail for Single Sign On.
- Review of different useful concepts such UX, testing and Agile.
- Build apps that are ready to pass end-to-end testing by writing your UI Testing script and Integration Tests
Who This Book Is For
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introducing Aurelia
Chapter 2. Styling the User Interface
Chapter 3. Testing and Debugging
Chapter 4. Creating Components and Templates
Chapter 5. Creating Our RESTful API
Chapter 6. Storing Our Data in MongoDB
Chapter 7. Advanced Features on Aurelia
Chapter 8. Security
Chapter 9. Running E2E Tests
Chapter 10. Deployment
- Title: Hands-On Full Stack Web Development with Aurelia: Develop modern and real-time web apps with Aurelia and Node.js
- Author: Diego Jose Argüelles Rojas;Erikson Murrugarra
- Length: 391 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2018-07-10
- ISBN-10: 1788833201
- ISBN-13: 9781788833202