Hands-on Full Stack Development with Angular 5 and Firebase: Build real-time, serverless, and progressive web applications with Angular and Firebase
Build an end-to-end application from development to production by binding Angular with Firebase in this complete guide to web application development
- Build a real-time production-ready web application by leveraging the features of Angular as front end and Firebase as the back end
- Learn more about authentication, databases, and security with Firebase
- Learn how to grow your application user base using Google analytics and how to make your application PWA compliant.
This book is a complete package for you to build real-time web applications. You will build an end-to-end social networking web application from development to production with Angular as the frontend and Firebase as the backend.
You will create an application called Friends with authentication, friends, and chat features. During the process, you'll use Firebase authentication to register new users and Firebase database to store your extra user data. You'll take a look at how to store and retrieve your user's images from Firebase storage. Then, you'll create a real-time chat module with the Firebase database. Next, you'll secure your database using Firebase security, make your application live with Firebase hosting, and develop your application with analytics.
Moving on, you'll take a look at how to create web pages using bootstrap with HTML, CSS, and TypeScript. You will use the angularfire2 library API in Angular services to interact with Firebase and write unit tests using the Jasmine framework that will help you to write a production-ready application. You'll also discover various debugging techniques to troubleshoot any bug in your application. Finally, you'll make your application Progressive Web Applications compliant.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to confidently build any complex application.
What you will learn
- Understand the core concepts of Angular framework
- Create web pages with Angular as front end and Firebase as back end
- Develop a real-time social networking application
- Make your application live with Firebase hosting
- Engage your user using Firebase cloud messaging
- Grow your application with Google analytics
- Learn about Progressive Web App
Who This Book Is For
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Organizing your Angular Project Structure
Chapter 2 Creating Signup Component
Chapter 3 Creating Login Component
Chapter 4 Routing and Navigation Between Components
Chapter 5 Creating a User Profile Page
Chapter 6 Creating User's friend list
Chapter 7 Exploring Firebase Storage
Chapter 8 Exploring Firebase Storage
Chapter 9 Connecting Chat Component with Firebase Database
Chapter 10 Connecting Chat Component with Firebase Database
Chapter 11 Debugging Techniques
Chapter 12 Firebase Security and Hosting
Chapter 13 Growing Our Application Using Firebase
Chapter 14 Transforming Our App into a PWA