Explore various dependency injection methods in Go such as monkey patching, constructor injection, and method injection
- Learn to evaluate Code UX and make it better
- Explore SOLID principles and understand how they relate to dependency injection
- Use Google's wire framework to simplify dependence management
Hands-On Dependency Injection in Go takes you on a journey, teaching you about refactoring existing code to adopt dependency injection (DI) using various methods available in Go.
Of the six methods introduced in this book, some are conventional, such as constructor or method injection, and some unconventional, such as just-in-time or config injection. Each method is explained in detail, focusing on their strengths and weaknesses, and is followed with a step-by-step example of how to apply it. With plenty of examples, you will learn how to leverage DI to transform code into something simple and flexible. You will also discover how to generate and leverage the dependency graph to spot and eliminate issues. Throughout the book, you will learn to leverage DI in combination with test stubs and mocks to test otherwise tricky or impossible scenarios.
Hands-On Dependency Injection in Go takes a pragmatic approach and focuses heavily on the code, user experience, and how to achieve long-term benefits through incremental changes.
By the end of this book, you will have produced clean code that's easy to test.
What you will learn
- Understand the benefits of DI
- Explore SOLID design principles and how they relate to Go
- Analyze various dependency injection patterns available in Go
- Leverage DI to produce high-quality, loosely coupled Go code
- Refactor existing Go code to adopt DI
- Discover tools to improve your code's testability and test coverage
- Generate and interpret Go dependency graphs
Who this book is for
Hands-On Dependency Injection in Go is for programmers with a few year s experience in any language and a basic understanding of Go. If you wish to produce clean, loosely coupled code that is inherently easier to test, this book is for you.
Table of Contents
- Never Stop Aiming for Better
- SOLID Design Principles for Go
- Coding for User Experience
- Introduction to the ACME Registration Service
- Dependency Injection with Monkey Patching
- Dependency Injection with Constructor Injection
- Dependency Injection with Method Injection
- Dependency Injection by Config
- Just-in-Time Dependency Injection
- Off-the-Shelf Injection
- Curb your enthusiasm
- Reviewing Our Progress