A definitive guide to PyCharm to help you build business-oriented Python applications ranging from modern web development to data science
- Learn basic to advanced PyCharm concepts to improve efficiency of your Python projects
- Work through practical examples that focus on efficient application development with PyCharm
- Explore advanced features in PyCharm such as code automation, version control, and GUI debugging
JetBrain's PyCharm is the most popular Integrated Development Environment (IDE) used by the Python community thanks to its numerous features that facilitate faster, more accurate, and more productive programming practices. However, the abundance of options and customizations can make PyCharm seem quite intimidating.
Hands-on Application Development with PyCharm starts with PyCharm's installation and configuration process, and systematically takes you through a number of its powerful features that can greatly improve your productivity. You'll explore code automation, version control, graphical debugging/testing, management of virtual environments, and much more. Finally, you'll delve into specific PyCharm features that support web development and data science, two of the fastest growing applications in Python programming. These include the integration of the Django framework as well as the extensive support for IPython and Jupyter Notebook.
By the end of this PyCharm book, you will have gained extensive knowledge of the tool and be able to implement its features and make the most of its support for your projects.
What you will learn
- Explore PyCharm functionalities and what makes it stand out from other Python IDEs
- Set up, configure, and customize your Python projects in PyCharm
- Understand how PyCharm integrates with Django for web development
- Discover PyCharm's capabilities in database management and data visualization
- Perform code automation, GUI testing, and version control in PyCharm
- Integrate interactive Python tools such as Jupyter Notebooks for building virtual environments
Who this book is for
If you're a beginner or an expert Python user looking to improve your productivity using one of the best Python IDEs, this book is for you. Basic knowledge of Python programming language is expected.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to PyCharm - The Most Popular IDE for Python
- Installing and Configuring PyCharm
- Customizing Interpreters and Virtual Environments
- Editing and Formatting with Ease
- Version Control with Git in PyCharm
- Seamless Testing, Debugging, and Profiling
- Integrating Django in PyCharm
- Understanding Database Management with PyCharm
- Building a Web Application in PyCharm
- Turning On Scientific Mode
- Dynamic Data Viewing with SciView and Jupyter
- Building a Data Pipeline in PyCharm
- More Possibilities with PyCharm Plugins
- Future Developments