EV3 without limits!
You can do way more with your LEGO Mindstorms EV3 kit than anyone ever told you! In this full-color, step-by-step tutorial, top-maker and best-selling author John Baichtal shows you how to transcend Mindstorms’ limits as you build five cutting-edge robotics projects.
You’ll discover just how much you can do with only the parts that came with your kit–and how much farther you can go with extremely low-cost add-ons like Arduino and Raspberry Pi. You’ll learn how to reprogram your Mindstorms Intelligent Brick to add additional hardware options and create more complex programs.
Hundreds of full-color, step-by-step photos teach you every step, every skill. Whenever you’re ready for advanced techniques, Baichtal explains them in plain English.
Here’s just some of what you’ll learn how to do:
- Build a drawing Plotter Bot that gyrates to draw new patterns
- Hack Mindstorms’ wires–and control robots without wires
- Create a remote-controlled crane, and operate it from your smartphone
- Use the EV3 brick to control third-party electronic modules of all kinds
- Replace the EV3 brick with smarter, more flexible Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or BeagleBone Black hardware
- Build a robotic flower whose petals open and close based on time of day
- Use third-party sensors to build robots that can sense practically anything
- Load an alternate operating system onto your EV3 brick
- 3D print, laser, and mill your own perfect LEGO parts
- Create ball contraptions, and extend them with your own custom parts
- Make a pole-climbing robot–and hook up an altimeter to track its height
This book is not authorized or endorsed by the LEGO® Group.
Register Your Book at www.quepublishing.com/register and receive 35% off your next purchase.