- Effective guide for GitLab migration from GitHub and SVN
- Learn to implement DevOps with GitLab 11
- Manage projects with issue boards and time tracking
Gitlab is an open source repository management and version control toolkit with an enterprise offering. This book is the ideal guide to GitLab as a version control system (VCS), issue management tool, and a continuous integration platform.
The book starts with an introduction to GitLab, a walkthrough of its features, and explores concepts such as version control systems, continuous integration, and continuous deployment. It then takes you through the process of downloading and installing a local copy of the on-premise version of GitLab in Ubuntu and/or CentOS.
You will look at some common work?ows associated with GitLab work?ow and learn about project management in GitLab. You will see tools and techniques for migrating your code base from various version control systems such as GitHub and SVN to GitLab.
By the end of the book, you will be using Gitlab for repository management, and be able to migrate projects from other VCSs to GitLab.
What you will learn
- Set up CI and test builds for your projects
- Understand the benefits and limitations of GitLab work?ow
- Migrate from other common VCS platforms to Gitlab
- Create, review, and merge code changes
- Learn to branch local code and create a new branch in GitLab
- Configure sequential stages and simultaneous stages for CI/CD
- Access Mattermost for on-premise GitLab
- Discover the issue tracking features of GitLab
Who this book is for
The book is intended for the developers, SREs, and DevOps professionals who are looking for techniques to port their codebase to GitLab from GitHub or are looking to work with GitLab as their version control system of choice. If you've used other VCSs before, that will help with this book.
Table of Contents
- Introducing GitLab
- Setting Up GitLab
- GitLab Flow
- Issues to Merge Requests
- Continuous Integration And Continuous Deployment
- Porting from GitHub or Subversion (SVN)
- Advanced And Paid Features