The client server or Tuxedo has existed for the past few decades and it is expanding every day! Today, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) or Service Component Architecture (SCA) are considered to be the new approaches to build client server architecture, Tuxedo adopts this concept and can be extended very easily.
“Getting Started with Oracle Tuxedo” shows how to develop distributed systems using Tuxedo and extend that to SOA or even a Cloud environment.
The primary objective of this book is to show how to develop distributed systems using Tuxedo and extend that to a SOA environment. It also gives fundamentals of Exalogic machines and how Tuxedo application can leverage these new high end machines for enterprise needs.
This book introduces you to the client server technology and how it has evolved in past decades. The book also covers various Tuxedo installation procedures, hardware and software requirements, and then how to configure Tuxedo application, all parameters with their syntax and relevant values. You will be introduced to various Tuxedo administrative tools, which are very important for a Tuxedo Administrator to perform his daily work, and with tuning suggestions and best practices. Next comes, Tuxedo APIs to build your applications, combining client and server modules. The book then covers the SALT component, which allows external web service applications to invoke Tuxedo services, and similarly Tuxedo applications can invoke external web services. At the end we discuss briefly the Exalogic machine and its architecture and how to configure and deploy Tuxedo application in this environment.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn the Tuxedo installation procedures, hardware and software requirements, and guidelines.
- Learn to configure Tuxedo application, all parameters with their syntax and relevant values.
- Understand how to use various Tuxedo administrative and monitoring tools, which are very important for a Tuxedo Administrator to perform his daily work.
- Master the use of Tuxedo APIs to build your applications, combined client and server modules.
- Get to grips with all Tuxedo buffer types, communication paradigms, and most importantly transactions (XA) processing.
- Learn to use various important built-in features such as security, data-dependent routing, encryption, reliable messaging using queue, encoding, and much more to make your application more secured, effective, and responsive to address your business needs.
- Use SALT to connect Tuxedo Service from or to a SOA environment
- Understand the Exalogic machine and how to configure Tuxedo on it.
This book is packed with real world examples that cover the design and discipline of the software and service of CRMOD.
Who this book is for
If you are an architect, designer, developer or administrator looking for a quick reference guide on how to build a Tuxedo application, then this is the best guide for you.
This book also helps business users to understand this technology, various features, and functionalities and relate business benefits.
No prior knowledge of Tuxedo is required.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Tuxedo
Chapter 2: Configuration and Administration of Tuxedo
Chapter 3: Development of Tuxedo – Various APIs
Chapter 4: SALT – Service Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo
Chapter 5: Oracle Tuxedo Joining the Exalogic Family