Galaxy S4 is amazing right out of the box, but if you want to get the most of out your S4 or S4 Mini, start here. With clear instructions and savvy advice from technology expert Preston Gralla, you’ll learn how to go online, play games, listen to music, watch movies & TV, monitor your health, and answer calls with a wave of your hand.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Be connected. Browse the Web, manage email, and download apps through WiFi or S4’s 3G/4G network.
- Navigate without touch. Use Air Gestures with your hand, or scroll with your eyes using Smart Screen.
- Find new ways to link up. Chat, videochat, and add photos, video, or entire slideshows to text messages.
- Get together with Group Play. Play games or share pictures, documents, and music with others nearby.
- Create amazing images. Shoot and edit photos and videos—and combine images from the front and back cameras.
- Keep music in the cloud. Use Google Play Music to store and access tunes.
- Check your schedule. Sync the S4 with your Google and Outlook calendars.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Basics
Chapter 1. The Guided Tour
Chapter 2. Typing, Texting, and Searching
Chapter 3. Phone Calls
Part II: The Built-In Features
Chapter 4. Music
Chapter 5. Camera, Photos, and Video
Chapter 6. Maps and Navigation
Chapter 7. Calendar
Part III: The Galaxy S4 Online
Chapter 8. Getting Online: WiFi, 3G/4G, and Mobile Hotspots
Chapter 9. The Web
Chapter 10. Email and Gmail
Chapter 11. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Chat, and Videochat
Chapter 12. Downloading and Using Apps
Part IV: Advanced Features
Chapter 13. Transferring Music, Videos, Pictures, and Other Files, and Using Group Play
Chapter 14. Taking the Galaxy S4 to Work
Chapter 15. Google Now and Voice Search and Control
Chapter 16. Settings
Part V: Appendixes
Appendix A. Setup and Signup
Appendix B. Accessories
Appendix C. Troubleshooting and Maintenance