Develop your imaging skills with Radiology for the Dental Professional, 10th Edition. With a wealth of features that underscore practical application, you will not only learn the proper step-by-step techniques for safe and effective dental imaging, but you’ll also learn how to evaluate and, if applicable, interpret the images. This full-color 10th Edition boasts new content on digital imaging, expanded information on radiation safety and infection control, plus updated new photos of the latest techniques and technology. New chapter summaries and review questions further reinforce your understanding and application skills, and feature boxes help you troubleshoot and prevent common errors. Overall, it’s the ideal radiology introduction for anyone pursuing a successful career in the dental professions!
- Approachable writing style simplifies complex concepts for easier reading and comprehension.
- Step-by-step illustrated procedure boxes detail key skills and competencies.
- Common Errors features explain mistakes and provide strategies to prevent or resolve them.
- Advantages/Disadvantages boxes summarize the pros and cons of each radiographic technique.
- Key terms are listed on the chapter opening page, highlighted in text, and defined in back-of-book glossary.
- NEW! Content on digital imaging has been added throughout the text, as well as expanded information on radiation safety, infection control, and more.
- NEW! Full-color design with updated photos and illustrations includes all-new images of techniques and the latest equipment.
- NEW! Expanded focus on radiographic interpretation and evaluation equips you to help provide optimal patient care.
- NEW! Chapter review questions help you assess your understanding of chapter material and identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- NEW! Chapter summaries review key concepts and skills and serve as checkpoints for comprehension.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 The History Of Ionizing Radiation And Basic Principles Of X-Ray Generation
Chapter 2 The Dental X-Ray Machine
Chapter 3 Image Formation
Chapter 4 Image Receptors
Chapter 5 Biologic Effects Of Radiation
Chapter 6 Patient Protection
Chapter 7 Operator Protection
Chapter 8 Infection Control In Dental Radiography
Chapter 9 Intraoral Radiographic Technique
Chapter 10 Accessory Radiographic Techniques
Chapter 11 Film Processing Techniques
Chapter 12 Panoramic Radiography
Chapter 13 Extraoral Techniques
Chapter 14 Radiography Of The Temporomandibular Joint
Chapter 15 Digital Imaging
Chapter 16 Advanced Imaging Systems
Chapter 17 Quality Assurance
Chapter 18 Patient Management And Special Problems
Chapter 19 Film Mounting And Radiographic Anatomy
Chapter 20 Principles Of Radiographic Interpretation
Chapter 21 Caries And Periodontal Disease
Chapter 22 Pulpal And Periapical Lesions
Chapter 23 Developmental Disturbances Of Teeth And Bone
Chapter 24 Bone And Other Lesions
Chapter 25 Legal Considerations
Appendix A Common Error Summaries