- Explore the lightning framework, advanced application life cycle processes, and testing
- Use the Force.com platform to build truly integrated, scalable, and robustly engineered applications focused on enterprise-level customer demands
- Using the Lightning technology to deliver modern and responsive user experiences targeting multiple devices through Lightning Experience and Salesforce1 Mobile.
- Step-by-step, work on examples to get you building your own ready-to-install packaged application
Companies of all sizes have seen the need for Force.com’s architectural strategy focused on enabling their business objectives. Successful enterprise applications require planning, commitment, and investment in the best tools processes and features available.
This book will teach you how to architect and support enduring applications for enterprise clients with Salesforce by exploring how to identify architecture needs and design solutions based on industry standard patterns. There are several ways to build solutions on Force.com, and this book will guide you through a logical path and show you the steps and considerations for building packaged solutions from start to finish. It covers all aspects from engineering to getting your application into the hands of your customers, and ensuring that they get the best value possible from your Force.com application. You will get acquainted with extending tools such as Lightning App Builder, Process Builder, and Flow with your own application logic. In addition to building your own application APIs, you will learn the techniques to leverage the latest Lightning technologies on desktop and mobile platforms.
What you will learn
- Package, install, test, and upgrade an application, and understand how best to license and support an application
- Define architecture-aligning data storage and functional requirements and leverage Custom Metadata to optimize application configuration management and upgrades.
- Develop Apex code that is easy to navigate, self-documenting, testable, robust, and organic leveraging the Separation of Concerns principle
- Leverage your application's client-agnostic Service layer backbone to support numerous platform areas such as Batch, Scheduler, Visualforce, and the latest Lightning technologies
- Understanding how to get the most from hosting your application within the Lightning Experience and Salesforce1 Mobile clients
- Apply querying, indexing, and asynchronous best practices, guidelines, cover custom indexes and async processing via batch apex and queueables
- Leverage mocking and dependency injection in your Apex tests to write true unit tests
- Explore approaches and tips on how to develop advanced application life cycle processes around Source Control, Continuous Integration, and testing
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Building, Publishing, and Supporting Your Application
Chapter 2. Leveraging Platform Features
Chapter 3. Application Storage
Chapter 4. Apex Execution and Separation of Concerns
Chapter 5. Application Service Layer
Chapter 6. Application Domain Layer
Chapter 7. Application Selector Layer
Chapter 8. User Interface
Chapter 9. Lightning
Chapter 10. Providing Integration and Extensibility
Chapter 11. Asynchronous Processing and Big Data Volumes
Chapter 12. Unit Testing
Chapter 13. Source Control and Continuous Integration