Build state-of-the-art web applications quickly and efficiently using Flask and related technologies with Python 3
- Updated to Flask 1.0.3 and Python 3.7 with coverage of Microservices
- Get the most out of the powerful Flask framework and maintain the flexibility of your design choices
- Write cleaner and maintainable code with the help of sample apps
Flask, the lightweight Python web framework, is popular due to its powerful modular design that lets you build scalable web apps. With this recipe-based guide, you'll explore modern solutions and best practices for Flask web development.
Updated to the latest version of Flask and Python 3, this second edition of Flask Framework Cookbook moves away from some of the old and obsolete libraries and introduces recipes on bleeding edge technologies. You'll discover different ways of using Flask to create, deploy, and manage microservices. This Flask Python book starts by covering the different configurations that a Flask application can make use of, and then helps you work with templates and learn about the ORM and view layers. You'll also be able to write an admin interface and get to grips with debugging and logging errors. Finally, you'll grasp a variety of deployment and post-deployment techniques for platforms such as Apache, Tornado, and Heroku.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained all the knowledge you need to write Flask applications in the best possible way and scale them using standard industry practices.
What you will learn
- Explore web application development in Flask, right from installation to post-deployment stages
- Make use of advanced templating and data modeling techniques
- Discover effective debugging, logging, and error handling techniques in Flask
- Integrate Flask with different technologies such as Redis, Sentry, and MongoDB
- Deploy and package Flask applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- Design scalable microservice architecture using AWS LambdaContinuous integration and Continuous deployment
Who this book is for
If you are a web developer who wants to learn more about developing scalable and production-ready applications in Flask, this is the book for you. You'll also find this book useful if you are already aware of Flask's major extensions and want to use them for better application development. Basic Python programming experience along with basic understanding of Flask is assumed.
Table of Contents
- Flask Configurations
- Templating with Jinja2
- Data Modeling in Flask
- Working with Views
- Webforms with WTForms
- Authenticating in Flask
- RESTful API Building
- Admin Interface for Flask Apps
- Internationalization and Localization
- Debugging, Error Handling, and Testing
- Deployment and Post-Deployment
- Microservices and Containers
- Other Tips and Tricks