You don’t have to be a techie to use FileMaker Pro 12, but you do need to know what you’re doing. With this crystal-clear guide, you’ll learn how to create a powerful database that lets you do almost anything with your data. Whether you’re running a business, printing a catalog, or planning a wedding, you’ll learn how to customize your database and put it to work.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get started. Tour FileMaker Pro’s features and create your first database in minutes.
- Catalog your data. View, sort, and shape information in dozens of ways.
- Create professional documents. Publish reports, invoices, and other documents with ease.
- Harness processing power. Use calculations and scripts to crunch numbers, search text, and automate tasks.
- Add visual power and clarity. Create colorful charts to illustrate and summarize your data.
- Think like a developer. Dive into the high-level features of FileMaker Pro Advanced.
Table of Contents
Part One: Getting Started with FileMaker
Chapter 1: Working with a Database
Chapter 2: Organizing and Editing Records
Part Two: Building Your First Database
Chapter 3: Creating a Custom Database
Chapter 4: Adding Power to Your Database
Part Three: Thinking Like a Developer
Chapter 5: Creating and Managing a Relational Database
Chapter 6: Field Options
Chapter 7: Layout Mechanics
Chapter 8: Layout Design
Chapter 9: Understanding Calculations
Chapter 10: More Calculations and Data Types
Chapter 11: Understanding Scripts
Chapter 12: Exploring Script Steps
Part Four: Becoming a Power Developer
Chapter 13: Applying Developer Utilities
Chapter 14: Advanced Relationship Techniques
Chapter 15: Reporting and Analysis
Chapter 16: Advanced Calculations
Chapter 17: Advanced Scripting
Part Six: Appendixes
Appendix A: Getting Help
Appendix B: File Conversion
Appendix C: Using the Insert Commands with Container Fields
Appendix D: FileMaker Error Codes