- Extend Dynamics in a cost-effective manner by using tools that are ready at your disposal
- Solve common business problems with the valuable features and flexibility of Dynamics NAV
- Follow practical and easy-to-grasp examples, illustrations, and coding to make the most out of Dynamics NAV in your organisation
Microsoft Dynamics NAV is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software suite for organizations. The system offers specialized functionality for manufacturing, distribution, government, retail, and other industries. Its integrated development environment enables customizations with minimal disruption to business processes.
The book starts explaining the new features of Dynamics NAV along with how to create and modify a simple module. Moving on, you will learn the importance of thinking beyond the boundaries of C/AL development and the possibilities opened by with it. Next, you will get to know how COM can be used to extend the functionalities of Dynamics NAV.
You'll find out how to extend the Dynamics NAV 2016 version using .NET interoperability and will see the steps required to subscribe to .NET events in order to extend Dynamics NAV. Finally, you'll see the Cmdlets that are available to develop and manage extension packages in Dynamics NAV 2016.
By the end of the book, you will have the knowledge needed to become more efficient in selecting the extending methods, developing and deploying them to the Dynamics NAV, and practicing the best practices.
What you will learn
- Develop a module in Dynamics NAV using C/AL
- Build relationships with COM technologies
- Develop and integrate COM with Dynamics NAV 2016
- Call the framework members from C/AL
- Develop an event in the .NET framework and see how to subscribe to it using C/AL
- Automate the deployment into Dynamics NAV
- Develop Windows Client Control add-Ins
- Deploy your resource automatically from Visual Studio
- Install and Configure Windows Client Control add-Ins
- Integrate Dynamics NAV with Sharepoint
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Writing Basic C/AL Code
Chapter 2. Advanced C/AL Development
Chapter 3. Reporting and Data Analysis
Chapter 4. .NET Interoperability in C/AL
Chapter 5. Extending C/AL with COM Components
Chapter 6. SharePoint Integration
Chapter 7. Control Add-ins
Chapter 8. Web Services
Chapter 9. Events and Extension Packages
Chapter 10. PowerShell